Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] Pitt / at Wake / Virginia / Notre Dame / at St. John's

The fill-in for Colson, John Mooney, actually has terrific numbers. They also have a very good Lithuanian center who is like 24. Not like a typical Notre Dame team.

They've been losing a lot without Colson and now Farrell, but I'm not going to be surprised if this one is much tougher than expected, especially with our history versus Brey.

I have watched them quite a bit w/o Farrell & Bonzie - they do play hard, smart basketball, Shav.

Gibbs is a good guard.

Devils did a much sleepwalking, but damn did they put the throttle down in that 2nd half.

Held the Irish to 36% shooting, +14 on the boards.

Only negatives for me were Duval's decision-making, Bagley's struggles (weird) & giving up open looks on the perimeter (Bags guilty of this on many occasions).

On to MSG.

So, would like to find a pic, but Jason Capel was there tonight wearing a t-shirt with the picture of Tupac wearing Jeff Capel's jersey on it.

This is objectively true, I think.

Duke will be taking on a not-awful team that will be giving everything to salvage a lost season. Hang the "Beat Duke - 2018" banner if they pull it off.

That's fine, we're at the point in the season where cupcakes will do us no good. Let's get tested as much as possible before the tournament. Every team we face in the tourney will want to hang a "Beat Duke in the Tournament 2018" banner anyway. Might as well get used to it.

This is technically a road game, part of a home and home series, and I believe the selection committee will be forced to view it as a true road game, so it has that going for it. Other than that, this is not great. The committee isn't going to view a close win over an 0-11 Big East team as a positive. Duke needs to blow them out.

Get the SJU shot blockers in foul trouble early. Attack the rim.

No layups on D - play Pistons ball circa 1989.

Duke is favored by 11.5 points at St. John's. Very similar spread as at Boston College and at NC State.

By my count, Duke is 10-2 in its last 12 games in The City (MSG and Barclay's)

The two losses I believe are Kansas last year and Utah when Kennard/Ingram were freshmen, both at MSG.

This probably means absolutely dick relative to the result tomorrow, unless you believe the 10-2 record indicates K is especially good at preparing our guys for games on the biggest stage in the world against what is typically a decent opponent.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom