Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] Pitt / at Wake / Virginia / Notre Dame / at St. John's

Yes, I was talking about 2014 Wake. I don't remember the 19-2 ish run in any game off the top of my head but I checked and that was the Vermont season. We were down by 3 in that game with 4 plus minutes to go and had at one point had a 15 point lead.

I really hated that team, which by the way finished with the highest Kenpom offensive efficiency for any Duke team since his site started. Maybe not true apples to apples comparisons with teams prior to that year since there were rule changes that had gone into effect for the first time in that season designed to increase offense, but still. Fuck those guys.

I found the game. It was worse than I thought: a 17-0 fucking chokejob to blow a seven point lead with less than 6 minutes to go

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_fbaf631c-a4e6-11e3-992d-001a4bcf6878.html

I must have blocked this one out of my head, or maybe it just blended together with all the other chokejobs that season.

19-2 was in a game that we actually won I think.

So Duke is 6-2 in the ACC now, but with 4 of those 6 wins coming against the absolute dregs of the conference in Wake and Pitt. Would be really nice to win the next three and head to Chapel Hill 21-2.

There are some encouraging signs - most notably better defense, but also Trent and Allen shooting better and Carter being a more consistent monster. Duval is probably my biggest concern at the moment, at least until the defense gets gashed again. Always seems prone to shooting 0/10 or having an 8 TO game.

Really wish we had just gone 1-1 against BC/NCST.

Something to be optimistic about is that we've had 5 roadgames and only 3 home games, so that works in our favor. Just beat UVA and we are back in the 1 seed driver's seat.

“Fatbari”

I’m really enjoying these minimal effort nicknames.

Lardbari Fatker.

Arizona went on a 19-2 run against Duke in 2011

Yes, I was talking about 2014 Wake. I don't remember the 19-2 ish run in any game off the top of my head but I checked and that was the Vermont season. We were down by 3 in that game with 4 plus minutes to go and had at one point had a 15 point lead.

I really hated that team, which by the way finished with the highest Kenpom offensive efficiency for any Duke team since his site started. Maybe not true apples to apples comparisons with teams prior to that year since there were rule changes that had gone into effect for the first time in that season designed to increase offense, but still. Fuck those guys.

I found the game. It was worse than I thought: a 17-0 fucking chokejob to blow a seven point lead with less than 6 minutes to go

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_fbaf631c-a4e6-11e3-992d-001a4bcf6878.html

I must have blocked this one out of my head, or maybe it just blended together with all the other chokejobs that season.

It was also against Wake, I just don't remember the year. IIRC it was a win, but one that had no business being close.

It was also against Wake, I just don't remember the year. IIRC it was a win, but one that had no business being close.
Correct

In Duke’s next game, they will be up against a defense that might be the best in college since the 3pt line has existed.

The best defense in Kenpom history before this season was Memphis in 2009, at 84.2 adjusted efficiency. That was not the Derrick Rose team, but the one after that, with a bunch of juniors and seniors to go with OAD Tyreke Evans.

Virginia is now at 81.5. Put up a big number on this defense and Duke’s offense should be viewed as defense-proof.

So Duke is 6-2 in the ACC now, but with 4 of those 6 wins coming against the absolute dregs of the conference in Wake and Pitt. Would be really nice to win the next three and head to Chapel Hill 21-2.

There are some encouraging signs - most notably better defense, but also Trent and Allen shooting better and Carter being a more consistent monster. Duval is probably my biggest concern at the moment, at least until the defense gets gashed again. Always seems prone to shooting 0/10 or having an 8 TO game.

Really wish we had just gone 1-1 against BC/NCST.

Something to be optimistic about is that we've had 5 roadgames and only 3 home games, so that works in our favor. Just beat UVA and we are back in the 1 seed driver's seat.

Yes, 1-1 against NC State/BC and everything looks so much better. I think we should expect as a reasonable baseline to go 2-2 in remaining conference road games (@UNC, @GTech, @Clemson, @VT) and to lose one game at Cameron (Virginia or UNC probably).

Threes will be available as always vs the packline. Duke is going to need the Grayson Allen of old to show up. I’m worried about how our freshman bigs respond to those hard post doubles UVA will throw at them. I’m not sure how Duval is at all playable against this defense unless he can get some cheap fast break layups.

I think are bigs are going to struggle with the hard doubles like physics said. Bagley especially

I was annoyed cause I thought that scoliosis kid for Wake who sodomized us was going to be yet another annoying Wake bigman thorn in our side for 3 more years. Luckily he's just a breakout junior so we only have to deal with him for 2 more games.

How TF do they keep fining these kids, regardless of coach?

I am feeling cautiously optimistic on this team as a whole right now. Even in our terrible stretch, I said it felt different than '12, '14, or even last year.

Granted, the back half of the schedule is pretty brutal.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom