Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2018-19] UNC, at Syracuse, at VT, Miami, Wake, at UNC

Tired of the pessimism here? Gotta imagine this isn't the place for you then.

Guess I worded that wrong. I just wanted to shed some positivity to change the mood.

There is that Boozer scenario when Zion comes back and we kick ass all the way to the title as we were doing with him before the shoe bullshit. You're gonna have to hang your hat on that until further notice.

Boozer seems like another case of a player with good stats who wasn't actually that big of a value-add. Granted, we weren't a deep team. And Sanders was pretty shitty.

But Boozer was still a post player and a poor defender. That Duke team won by being ahead of the curve and taking a shitload of threes.

If you want to look towards a "bright side" imagine how much grousing and disappointment there would be if we went into the season with RJ as our #1 and Cam as the #2.

Zion on any of our 2011-2018 teams I believe would have them just as large as overwhelming favorites as we were when he was in the lineup. Think of how different the narrative around the Jabari or Tatum team would have been, etc.

Last edited:
Weren't you on here the day after the game posting some idiocy praising Roy's defensive strategy and how well UNC played? Something like, "obviously the loss of Zion changed things, but..."

As though we hadn't watched our entire season explode through the bottom of a player's shoes?

That seemed like a pretty dense take then. And some pretty creative revisionism now.
You really are the definition of a condescending douche and frankly you can go fuck yourself. Zion going out changed the game I said that then, and I believe it’s 100 percent true. The two things aren’t mutually exclusive. UNC played good defense, had a good scheme and played a good game with good ball movement. Zion probably would have changed UNC being able to score at the rim at will, that is true. Not that hard to fucking understand. I’ll also note I purposely avoid the chat, and posting during UNC/Duke games, and disappear for a few days because emotions run high on it.

He can't help it, went from banging 19 year old nymphos to strictly missionary weekly married sex. The man is a hollow shell of his former self.

Guessing the line opens as a pick em or UNC -1 and then gets adjusted 2-3 points in either direction depending on the Zion announcement. I had thought they would wait on these lines, but I guess they don’t do that for basketball injuries. Maybe only QBs get that treatment.

I, too, have a growing feeling that we pull it off. But it's based purely on stupid things like wanting to believe in the mythical "Duke pride," as well as blind faith that the universe won't allow this UNC team to actually finish 16-2 in the league, regardless of how well their schedule was laid out.

I think you guys are on the right track. Not sure if you are aware, but they are without the services of Rechon 'Leaky' Black, their 3rd string pg/sf, and Sterling Manley is just back after an extended absence. I find it highly unlikely he'll put up anything close to the 4 & 4 he was averaging prior to the injury. Those guys are really vulnerable right now, let's get this done!!!

I'd start:

Tre
R.J.
Cam
Jav
Bolden

Switch Jav on Brooks on the defensive end and win the battle of the Cam's and we win the game.

I feel none of this optimism. UNC is a good basketball team right now, while Duke is not. Who are the players you guys are picturing will do positive things for Duke on the offensive end?

Jones, Javin, White, they won't even bother guarding. Reddish will likely have more TOs than made shots. AOC will continue to be an unused spot-up threat and liability in every other facet of the game due to being a prepubescent child.

Barrett and Bolden are obviously capable of dropping 30+ at any time, but best-case scenario for us on offense feels like Barrett heroically battling his way into some tough, physical, contested 8-foot monstrosity that barely rolls in. When you complement that with your typical garbage K defense played by freshmen, you're needing to keep pace with easy, open layups and threes. Not gonna work.

Been saying all year that this team isn't that great, it just has the biggest net value-add in basketball history polishing its shit with spectacular individual plays. Zion basically hides every weakness a team can have.

I'd start:

Tre
R.J.
Cam
Jav
Bolden

Switch Jav on Brooks on the defensive end and win the battle of the Cam's and we win the game.
The Jav/Bolden line up worked so well against VA Tech

Also have you seen Cam Reddish play?

Someone has to keep Maye from getting 20 rebounds. I said we have to win the battle of the Cam’s not that we would. We almost won the VT game regardless.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom