Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2015-2016

Nice to see. The 35 second shot clock seemed to be the most contentious issue for critics of the college game. I did not have that much of a problem with the 35 second clock, but I have to agree that a shorter clock should result in some more entertaining basketball.

Move over Izzo.

combined 1-15 against Roy

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck it. We need a staff of Capel, Amaker, and Scheyer ASAP. With Scheyer making all the actual coaching decisions.

I don't know if this is the right thread for this but

The USBWA annually will present the Dean Smith Award “to an individual in college basketball who embodies the spirit and values represented by Smith,” according to a joint statement UNC and the USBWA released on Wednesday.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/coll ... rylink=cpy

The slaves have already been freed and the women are already voting, so I'm not sure what's left for a college basketball player to accomplish that could earn him this award. Create a cancer cure during halftime?
Anyway, can't wait to see which Duke player will be the first to get this prestigious award.

rome8180 said:
Fuck it. We need a staff of Capel, Amaker, and Scheyer ASAP. With Scheyer making all the actual coaching decisions.

This was supposed to say Capel, no?

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

Is second tweet a shot at K?

From today's Durham Herald article: "Okafor and Winslow have family with them, too, but in New York City. Krzyzewski chooses not to attend the draft because he wants to the players to have their moment without any attention going his way.

But he will send Duke associate head coach Jeff Capel to New York to be with Okafor and Winslow."

Calipari has listened to scenarios with which the Kings could offer him complete control of the franchise's fledgling basketball operations to go along with coaching, league sources said. No formal offer has been made to Calipari, and Kings ownership understands that it will take a multiyear financial package of $10 million-plus annually to get Calipari to seriously consider leaving Kentucky, sources said.

Around the NBA, senior league officials and confidants of Ranadive have pleaded with him to stop these sharp changes in direction, sources said.

Around the draft, several front-office executives and player agents expressed frustration about dealing with Divac on instances involving the trading and drafting of players. Divac is largely unfamiliar with the collective bargaining and salary-cap rules, causing him to struggle with grasping the machinations of negotiating and completing deals.

I don't think Ranadive would be crazy to throw $10 million a year at Calipari as the simplest way to fix the mess he created, given how little he cares about his money. He has an idiot former player as his GM - this is absurd. He has a coach with a terrible reputation among players, whose first goal as coach was to intentionally destroy any relationship with the franchise player. Calipari will listen to $60 million over 6 years for full control.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom