Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2017-18

Over his last 8 games, Trae Young is 47/140 from the field (33.6%) and 19/75 from beyond the arc (25.3%)

Also it's fucking crazy that people think Oklahoma's likely in and Notre Dame has work to do.

First of all, Notre Dame's #28 on KenPom, and Oklahoma's #48.

Moreover, though,these are their records since January 3rd, the day Bonzie got injured:

Oklahoma: 6-11, with their best player
Notre Dame: 8-10, including 5-9 without their best player.

I'm making a list of bubble teams whose case consists entirely of having beaten Kansas:

Arizona State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Washington

Any more? Does Baylor have anything else to its credit?

I'm making a list of bubble teams whose case consists entirely of having beaten Kansas:

Arizona State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Washington

Any more? Does Baylor have anything else to its credit?

WTF is Washington doing in a field of 68 conversation? You guys correctly point out how grossly overrated the Big12 is, but the PAC12 is fucking awful. Should have no more than 3 bids.

Kansas only giving 3.5 vs OSU. Gotta think at least one of them or Xavier go down today, I hope.

Lots of fairly large spreads for the marquee names on Friday, which should make for bigger drama in fewer doses:

12:00
Cincinnati (-13.5) vs. SMU

1:00
Auburn (-5.5) vs. Alabama

3:30
Kentucky (-5) vs. Georgia

6:30
Xavier (-7.5) vs. Providence

7:00
Kansas (-6) vs. Kansas State
Virginia (-7) vs. Clemson
Tennessee vs. Mississippi State (no line yet)
Wichita State vs. Temple (no line yet)

8:35
Montana (-3.5) vs. Northern Colorado

9:00
Villanova vs. Butler (no line yet)
Arizona (-4.5) vs. UCLA
Nevada (-3) vs. San Diego State

9:30
Duke vs. North Carolina (no line yet)
Florida vs. Arkansas (no line yet)

Kansas continues its absolutely brutal run through the Big 12 Tournament. Are they going to have to play a tournament-caliber opponent at any point?

The whole St. John's being accused of going through a tunnel and storming the Xavier locker room story is bizarre to say the least. The Big East claimed there would be no disciplinary action. The media will take a rumor and run with anything but part of me hopes one of the St. John's player got a good blow or two in on some Xavier player(s). I'm just glad we got out of The Garden alive after our loss!

Kansas continues its absolutely brutal run through the Big 12 Tournament. Are they going to have to play a tournament-caliber opponent at any point?

Might be time to tank tonight's game. I can see a scenario where the committee feels 'satisfied' with KU's 1 seed resume by virtue of making the BXII title game

The 2nd best part about today's games, after getting to watch an entire game of Virginia basketball while rooting for them, is that Kansas State currently sits at #51 on RPI. So if enough teams 1-50 lose to worse teams than Kansas, Kansas State will move into Quadrant 1 even with a loss to Kansas, which would give Kansas an additional Quadrant 1 win for the season due to the arbitrary 1-50 neutral court cutoff used by the Committee, and probably put them out of reach from Duke on the S-curve.

If Kansas wins today and loses in the Big 12 final, but Kansas State remains outside the top 50 on RPI, then Duke could bolster its Quadrant 1 record relative to Kansas enough to make a clear case for jumping Kansas (by winning the ACC Tournament). It all comes down to the randomness of what other teams in the top 50 do, which makes this such a great system. It does not allow the best teams to consistently have the best chances to succeed in the NCAA Tournament, so chaos reigns and the game is more appealing to casual fans. Brilliant by the NCAA.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom