Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Dariq Whitehead

The last three weeks seemed to really help him conditioning/feel-wise, despite the illness in the middle. Today he looked like the kind of player I thought we'd get -- active on D, wiry, a tall guard. His playmaking, dribbling, and shooting will all be big for us, especially given Roach's and Proctor's offensive struggles.

Yeah, still doesn't look 100% back to who he is, by any means, but he finally looked like someone who should be a starter today. Also was a just-rattled-out three away from 19.

I think you have to start him over Mitchell at the 3 at this point. Putting aside how you'd shuffle Mitchell/Young/Flip/Lively at the 4/5 for a moment, I think Whitehead pretty clearly brings more than Mitchell next to two bigs at this point. It'd be one thing if we were doing anything to get him the ball in spots to exploit his size, but since we're not, there's not much point to him just floating around outside the arc.

Can't jump. Hopefully just still getting that bounciness (Bilas TM) back

I'm back one game too late to take my victory lap on him. The four games prior to Pitt, he averaged 15 ppg on 47/42/100 shooting.

I do feel like I can take somewhat of a victory lap on the 3pt shooting. Never understood why scouts had questions about his jumper.

Also meant to add that Dariq may have been our best defender in the last five games or so. Granted, everyone else seems to have regressed defensively. But he's playing legitimately good D, in my opinion.

That was a truly awful game from him today. Bricks, getting beat on defense, gross pullup jumper, jogging around lazily on inbounds plays. Discouraging.

My beef with him is the same beef I had with Tatum at Duke, even though Tatum was obvioulsy considerably better. Both guys have/had absolutely no regard for shot quality.

stunning, really.

but honestly, a healthy 19 year old shouldn't be blowing out his achilles casually jumping for a loose ball.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom