Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2012-2013 Discussion Thread

Lol at how well Jefferson finishes through contact. Also, I know it's just BC but he defends their bigger post players pretty damn effectively.

Put him at the five and be done with it. Or put Parker at the five and play him at the four. Either way, I want to see him playing 25+ minutes next year. I truly think he has as high an upside as anyone.

Lol at how well Jefferson finishes through contact. Also, I know it's just BC but he defends their bigger post players pretty damn effectively.

Put him at the five and be done with it. Or put Parker at the five and play him at the four. Either way, I want to see him playing 25+ minutes next year. I truly think he has as high an upside as anyone.

I refuse to believe that his standing reach is only 8'5". Rasheed Sulaimon's standing reach is 8'5".

Given his height and his wingspan advantage on Sulaimon, his neck would have to be like nine inches longer than Sulaimon's.

Lol at Hood comparing him to one of the wavy arm things in the auto dealership parking lots.

ha_zpsc1bd4a67.png

Lol! What a perfect photo.

Rewatching Duke @ VT.

One of the lesser-noticed phenomenons in Duke basketball is that Josh Hairston consistently plays really well against VT.

rome8180 said:
Rewatching Duke @ VT.

One of the lesser-noticed phenomenons in Duke basketball is that Josh Hairston consistently plays really well against VT.

That's true. He started the game in Blacksburg in 2012 and had a great game including a beautiful fast break dunk.

I'm thinking it's that their tallest bigs are like 6'9" and tend to be more in the beefy, unathletic mode of a Hairston.

VT sucked, but for whatever reason we've matched up with them incredibly well the last couple of years. Our efficiency last year versus them was off the charts. They played State and UNC much closer.

I don't know about the last couple of years. In 2012, we handled them at VT but really stunk against them at home and in the ACCT (first game without Ryan).

Oh yeah. I forgot about the home game. I was at that game too. That team was so fucking lethargic at home all year and the crowd was so bad.

I would say given how terrible we were without Ryan it was impressive that we beat them in the ACC Tourney at all. But yeah, you're right. For some reason I let the game in Blacksburg color my perceptions.

rome8180 said:
Oh yeah. I forgot about the home game. I was at that game too. That team was so fucking lethargic at home all year and the crowd was so bad.

I would say given how terrible we were without Ryan it was impressive that we beat them in the ACC Tourney at all. But yeah, you're right. For some reason I let the game in Blacksburg color my perceptions.

I applaud your ability to admit that your point had a flaw, Rome.

Man, this Duke-Maryland game at Cameron was fun. I'm not sure how we lost to this Maryland team twice, but whatever. Great pace to the game. So many run-outs. The crowd was fucking nuts.

Really vintage Cameron crowd. I hope that carries over to next year.

God, I hope we get to play Maryland twice next year. I know we don't have the home-and-away. But I'd like to meet them in the ACC tournament to have what counts as a sweep.

Damn, Cook is the most amazing transition PG since Hurley. Need to push the pace next year.

Man, it is painful to see them work us on the glass though. Utterly ridiculous. The only reason this wasn't a 75+ possession game is that they had possessions with three or four offensive rebounds.

Transition basketball is the most fun basketball to watch. Quinn Cook is the best in the nation at finding players on the break. Make it happen, K.

God, I'm so happy to never have to see Nick Faust or another 25% three-point shooter go 3-4 from three against us.

ETA: well, at least for Maryland.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom