Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2012-2013 Discussion Thread

rome8180 said:
Man, it is painful to see them work us on the glass though. Utterly ridiculous. The only reason this wasn't a 75+ possession game is that they had possessions with three or four offensive rebounds.

They killed us with Len and those 3 interchangeable fat black guys.

rome8180 said:
Transition basketball is the most fun basketball to watch. Quinn Cook is the best in the nation at finding players on the break. Make it happen, K.

There should be no reason Duke does not play at a fast pace the majority of the team next year. Too may quick players on the roster, must take advantage of that. And yes - QC should have a big year with assists.

Tough to watch the Duke-Clemson game at Cameron and see the exact moment where our national title hopes were probably broken.

Kelly fouled and falls into the first row with 57 seconds left in the first half. Makes his two FTs. Then he's pulled out of the game. Makes no sense at the time. But if you watch the replay you can see a slight grimace that's one of the more significant facial expressions in Duke basketball history.

Nothing will ever be as good as Duke-OSU at Cameron.

The most entertaining team ever in their most entertaining game. Seriously, I know people love to rant about those late 90s-early 2000s teams. But to me, last year's teams was more fun to watch than that. Passing, my god how I love that. Outlet passes. Lobs. Threading the needle.

Basically I haven't seen ball movement like that since the Hurley era. Love the sharp entry passes by Sulaimon. The half-court bounce passes by Cook.

Anyone who thinks Quinn Cook could ever possibly lose his starting job should rematch that game. He was great.

But what I really came here to post:

The first nine minutes of Duke-Carolina at the Dome this year might be one of the best performances we've ever had as a team. But in particular, Seth Curry might have put in the greatest individual run ever. I know Jay Will rattled off 19 straight. But the crazy variety of shots Curry hit...

But that Michigan team also was way worse than UNC was.

Obviously we've gone on runs better that 14-0 many times. I just meant relative to level of competition, expectations, etc. The game was effectively over in two minutes of real time.

The start we had in the 11 acc title game against them was pretty awesome too. I still love how IC thinks that if Strickland had gotten the charge call they would have won.

That charge call was terrible but wasn't the score like 22-7 Duke when it happened? I could be remembering wrong.

You got the thing that was terrible wrong. That's Dexter Strickland.

Strickland committed offensive fouls when the score was 8-0 and 13-6, so game was not out of reach, but they had no chance.

KevinStrickland said:
The start we had in the 11 acc title game against them was pretty awesome too. I still love how IC thinks that if Strickland had gotten the charge call they would have won.

That game was a work of art against a talented opponent

Rewatching the Ryan Kelly game. Man, there was some awful refereeing in Miami's favor. It would be cool if there was a commentator who would stick up for Duke or something. Dick Vitale is too stupid and everyone else is too much of a pussy.

Kelly's one-on-one defense was just incredible. There was three or four times a guard was matched up against him on the perimeter and at no time did he allow penetration. The worst outcome was Shane Larkin burying a 23-foot contested jumper.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom