Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke basketball 2015-2016 discussion thread

Yale lost by more to Albany than Utah State lost to Duke.

It might, at this point, be worth looking in to Duke's first half vs. second half splits on offense/defense. I'm noticing a trend of much better second halves. I'll do it if no one else who is better with numbers wants to.

I think last night's early second half improvement was because K got bumped at halftime. Imagine how much better second half defense if we take this to its next logical step and have someone beat the shit out of him at the end of every first half.

I always said we needed someone to beat the shit out of the older Plumlees, especially Miles, to make them a little angry going into games. Though for Marshall I think a sedative was probably needed until this year.

I tried updating the plus-minus per minute stats, but scacchoops.com has gone from being unreliable to being horribly unreliable. VCU game doesn't have plus-minus stats. For Yale and Utah State, the plus-minus stats are blatantly incorrect, since they come out to about zero on average for Yale and 1.5 on average for Utah State (Duke did not beat Yale by zero points and Duke did not beat Utah State by 60 points).

FWIW, Plumee's season plus-minus per minute came out below the team average, about the same as Ingram's number. The real drag on the team was Thornton, unsurprisingly. He was not much above zero, while everyone else had almost triple his number, at least. I did not look at Obi or Vrank or walk-ons. I will never.

We are just waiting for Zack's plus-minus per possession to be rebooted now. Regarding free sites that provide somewhat comprehensive analytics for college basketball, all is lost.

There is a stretch of four games this season where Duke will play the current #11 team on Kenpom (Louisville) at home, #4 (Virginia) at home, #8 (UNC) on the road and #11 (Louisville) on the road.

Last year, Tyus would have won 100% of those while playing like shit in the games just before and after.

I went searching for the toughest stretch of four games in any team's schedule this year.

I found this for Boston College over a span of 11 days:

at 8 North Carolina
at 4 Virginia
at 11 Louisville
vs. 8 North Carolina

UNC will reap the benefits of the physical, mental and emotional exhaustion BC will feel near the end of this run. That ACC road game for UNC will be a free win.

I also found that Clemson must have the toughest longer term stretch of games in the country. Over 9 games to start their ACC schedule, they play this:

at 8 North Carolina
vs. 37 Florida State
at 36 Syracuse
vs. 11 Louisville
vs. 3 Duke
vs. 16 Miami
at 4 Virginia
vs. 39 Pittsburgh
at 37 Florida State

What does Nolan do now? He's at every game.

You know who else comes to every game (at least the last 2)? Matt Doherty. Why?

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom