Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke basketball 2015-2016 discussion thread

I thought Nolan was there rehabbing some injury or something, but I might have just made that up in my head. Doherty? Really? That's...weird.

It's Matt Jones' 51st birthday today, btw

CVgjYgoWEAEehiP.jpg:large

Another side effect of Plumlee starting, only pulling down 1 board in 23 minutes of game time, only 10 fewer than our starting shooting guard.

DurhamSon said:
Another side effect of Plumlee starting, only pulling down 1 board in 23 minutes of game time, only 10 fewer than our starting shooting guard.

I thought Marshall had his worst game of the season today.

deepdarkblue said:
I thought Nolan was there rehabbing some injury or something, but I might have just made that up in my head. Doherty? Really? That's...weird.
Yeah, Nolans there rehabbing and has taken on some sort of social media role. Dunno.

aiw said:
Yeah, we're #180 giving up nearly 31% OR
The 180 ranking looks bad but it's pretty typical when compared with other Duke teams. We're never good on the defensive glass. We've only cracked top 100 in defensive rebounding once in the KenPom era (2007).

We were #149 in 2010 and #125 in 2015. In 2006, we were #304, giving up offensive rebounds 37.6% of the time.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
rome8180 said:
Our defensive rebounding could use some work.

Yeah. I would note though re: today though that Buffalo came in top 40 in the country in OR%. It's the best thing they do.
Siena #28
Kentucky #10
Yale #11
Indiana #27
Buffalo #44

Duke has played some very good offensive rebounding teams. Hopefully this is skewing our DReb% which won't be so bad against average offensive rebounding teams.

But I bet Duke just sucks at it. Duke typically isn't good at it. I don't think K cares that much about it.

torontoduke said:
Sounds about right, as he was not going to get a chance to play this year anyways.

I think this has been in the cards. Otherwise, after watching the Blue-White game, I'm certain would have gotten in ahead of Obi and Vrank in a few games this year.

One note on Robinson, from watching him in warmups during the Yale game: The kid can really jump, better than I expected. He had to duck hit his head to avoid on the rim on a reverse dunk.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom