Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2016-2017

I'm concerned about Topher. I'm worried that he may have attended the football game yesterday.

Only real takeaways - Kennard loves to shoot & Matt is so old he needs to save his energy for games.

Last edited by a moderator:
deepdarkblue said:
I'm concerned about Topher. I'm worried that he may have attended the football game yesterday.

can confirm :(

torontoduke said:
Topher - can you give us more of your thoughts on practice yesterday?

1) Frank Jackson will probably be gone after this season. He might already be Duke's best on-ball defender just because of his energy and effort. He's got a good stance and quick feet. If his offense is as good as we think, I'd be surprised if he doesn't ultimately take Matt Jones minutes.

2) Tatum hits some shots that he shouldn't and that gives him the confidence to take really bad shots that he shouldn't. He took 5 or 6 contested, fall away jumpers in the short scrimmage drills, and made 3 of them. Every time he made one, he took another shot the next possession.

3) Javin might play a good amount this year. For a team that will need wing defense, JD looked the part. His length allowed him to get beat and still block a couple of shots. I'm a fan, if not for what he'll contribute this season, for what he'll mean next year.

4) Kennard got fed up with Jackson's pesky defense at one point and drove on him 3 straight possessions. Kennard caught it on the wing and worked Jackson down to the block where Kennard made 3 straight pull ups.

5) Poor Jeter. I think he just gets stage fright or something because he ran around like a deer in headlights. It didn't help that K chewed his ass out in front of 4,000 people either. I thought Bolden outplayed him in this practice.

6) Amile Jefferson runs this team. He was coaching more than K or Capel was and should be our best front court player as well.

7) Matt Jones was just kinda there.

Time of death on this season will be shortly after halftime of the Kansas game.

Giles wearing some stupid looking suit that Obi lends him and smiling about never having to play a college basketball game before going top 10 in the draft.

Obi smiling with Giles on the bench like a useless rotting corpse.

Allen and Jackson failing to keep mediocre 4-star recruits in front of them on defense, after Self claims "we're not even running plays anymore" during his halftime interview.

Tatum jacking up unconscionable 15-footers like he's trying to win the fucking hoop arcade game at Chucky Cheese's.

Landen Lucas dunking on Amile's head and landing on his foot, breaking obscure bones we didn't even know existed - Amile out for season, never plays basketball again in his life because it brings back too many sad memories, never smiles again.

DeLaurier looking distraught because he's the only one left who knows how to play help defense, thanks to his high school coach, and gets dunked on multiple times for his efforts.

Jack White entering the game at any point.

Thanks for sharing that, Topher

It sounds like Jackson's skills are what is needed on the defensive end. I am excited to see how his offensive game develops

I hope Jeter can get it together for at least the 1st 2 months. Looks like Duke will need him.

I wish he'd quit blocking me on twitter. For some reason he doesn't like it when I publicly mock his illiteracy. Some people...

His footwork and touch look great. He also appears to have shed some baby fat.

Where's the Justin Robinson thread?

I was going to say, "there's no way he plays in those". But I guess I can stop at "there's no way he plays".

I've never worn a pair of boots like that in my life, but I would wear the shit out of those.

As someone with ridiculously high arches on my feet, boots without laces all the way down just aren't an option for me.

According to this, Schedule, CTC is going to be broadcast on ACC Network Extra, which streams through WatchESPN.

Is this correct? Do I no longer have to endure GoDuke's 1990's video player to watch this?

ummmm.... (you need to watch this to the end)

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom