Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Ranked 6th huh?

Who the fuck is 4 & 5 and why haven't they committed to duke yet?

Romeo langford is 5th. Uncommitted. Former Duke target. Might as well pencil him in. Oregon can have Bol Bol as they represent no threat.

There's a big gap between our 3 and Bol Bol/Romeo.

Bol hasn't been the best forward on his team in the tournament Findlay Prep is in right now (same one as RJ). He actually came off the bench yesterday and only scored 13.

I'm warming up a lot to the idea of Jones-Barrett-Reddish-Zion-DeLaurier

The motion offense we are putting in this season would be even smarter because it would transition well to the following team with those pieces.

At 6'7 Zion lacks the height to ideally play PF, but he's strong and is 230lbs according to ESPN. He's athletic, quick feet. Any concerns about being undersized at PF should be alleviated with being big and athletic at every other position. DeLaurier is 6'10, Reddish is 6'8-6'9 and Barrett is 6'6. Jones is 6'1 but rebounds well for his position.

It would probably be amazing offensively but not nearly as bad as 2014 defensively.

Bumped. Good points made in the above and also referenced in the recent TDD podcast (that lineup with a motion offence will be killer)

Pretty amazing how this has played out.

The motion offense we are putting in this season would be even smarter because it would transition well to the following team with those pieces.

At 6'7 Zion lacks the height to ideally play PF, but he's strong and is 230lbs according to ESPN. He's athletic, quick feet. Any concerns about being undersized at PF should be alleviated with being big and athletic at every other position. DeLaurier is 6'10, Reddish is 6'8-6'9 and Barrett is 6'6. Jones is 6'1 but rebounds well for his position.

It would probably be amazing offensively but not nearly as bad as 2014 defensively.

Bumped. Good points made in the above and also referenced in the recent TDD podcast (that lineup with a motion offence will be killer)

We're not there yet. We are Duke, foot and leg injury epidemics should be factored into any future forecasts.

We're not there yet. We are Duke, foot and leg injury epidemics should be factored into any future forecasts.

True dat.

Lol. I like some of The Ringers' personalities, but they try much too hard to come up with cute, millennial, woke-ish takes. Kevin O'Connor and Chris Vernon are the only guys I like reading/listening to over there.

According to the 247 class calculator, if we add Montgomery, it would be the highest rated class in America since 2003, which is as far back as 247 calculates, with a rating of 71.16.

2nd place is 2013 Kentucky, which had a rating of 71.1. That class had 6 5 -stars, Dominique Hawkins, and Derek Willis.

That 2013-14 Kentucky team consisted of all freshman + sophomores Willie Cauley-Stein and Alex Poythress.

That team had major growing pains and finished 13th on KenPom but lost the SEC tournament championship by 1 point and went on to make the national championship game, only to lose by 6 points to UCONN.

I know all recruiting classes are different- some not as talented as others, etc., and that we have our work cut out for us next year. But we can still act a bit lowbrow to other sports fans (especially ones from Kentucky) and crow about having the best class in modern era history. :smilingimp:

Last edited:
I was reading the Kansas 247 board this afternoon and one of their staff said "outside of the 3 dudes headed to Duke", the 5-stars in this class are not on the same level as the guys from past classes.

I will admit this excited me.

The drop off from Williamson to Nas Little is significant. Like the typical difference between a top 5 and top 15 player. Like Austin Rivers to Joel Berry.

The drop off from Williamson to Nas Little is significant. Like the typical difference between a top 5 and top 15 player. Like Austin Rivers to Joel Berry.

Love it.

Still feel we need an experienced ball handler/shooter to finish off the roster with Montgomery.

Love it.

Still feel we need an experienced ball handler/shooter to finish off the roster with Montgomery.

There is a top 30 recruit from the class of 2017 that has become available

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom