Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Louisville 2/8, Virginia 2/13, @UNC 2/17, @Louisville 2/20

Re: Louisville 2/8, Virginia 2/13, @UNC 2/17, @Louisville 2/

I love Tony Bennett

Last edited by a moderator:

Great job on D by Thornton, Plumlee and Matt Jones (even though Brogdon had 18, MJ was all over him).

2-2 achieved. Gonna suck to get blown out by UNC though.

Without Amile, I can live with the losses @Clem and @Mia and to Utah. It was the 2 game ND-Syracuse home stretch that was the real shame.

It's annoying that four of our six losses are games we could have won.

Both ND and Cuse are playing their best ball of the season and played Duke right when Duke was playing their worst. But yeah, should not have lost at home to those scrubs.

I was there when Capel tied it.

I was there when Snaer beat us.

I was there when Allen won it.

First buzzer beater I've seen live. It was amazing.

Section 10 was quite salty and vulgar when Allen missed the 2 FT. I predicted the 2nd miss, obviously. Some guy was really going in on Allen. Now he feels stupid.

Brogdon's shot to take the lead was backwards over his head, right? Haven't seen the replay, but that's what it looked like.

The voice I heard sounded a lot like me. My wife thought it was me. It was me.

aiw said:
Brogdon's shot to take the lead was backwards over his head, right? Haven't seen the replay, but that's what it looked like.

Yeah, but it didn't feel lucky at all, oddly enough.

Since Duke passed Maryland in kenpom tonight, this would now officially be UNC's best win of the year, and second win against top-30 opposition.

aiw said:

Haha I was right there with you on Allen. Also, Pretty much the entirety of section 14 also came to the consensus on Plumlee that as much as we love him, we cannot wait for him to move on...and take his t rex arms(straight from the mouth of a little girl).

Was trying to avoid thinking of the @UNC as a real opportunity for Duke to win a game. Hard not to at least give Duke a small chance now.

1st half must be almost entirely zone. Let's not be ridiculous. If you had to pick one halfway decent team in the nation to play zone against, UNC would be that team. Get to halftime with no one in foul trouble and some energy left.

2nd half can be more man to man if K simply must have it. I don't see the harm in just going zone the whole way, though.

Man to man matchups, assuming Amile still can't play through pain:

Allen on Berry
Thornton on Paige
Jones on Jackson
Ingram on Johnson
Plumlee on Meeks

Not so important, though, since Duke should be switching everything and going under screens in man to man. It should effectively look a lot like a zone. Let UNC take jumpers.

I fear Ingram fouling out on Johnson, but not as much if there is lots of zone. Johnson has only played 27 mpg in ACC and is still foul prone, at 4.7 fouls per 40 min in ACC, so UNC should be worried about Johnson fouling out guarding Ingram. Their advantage is not being as crippled as Duke would be if any of Duke's six players foul out, let alone Ingram. I don't think UNC can hide Johnson on Jones, because this would pull Johnson away from the basket, taking away a lot of rebounding and rim protection. Meeks can't guard Ingram or Jones, so he's stuck on Plumlee.

I think the refs will decide this game, not in a devious or unfair way, but just by making a few 50/50 calls one way or the other.

Thain said:
aiw said:

Haha I was right there with you. Pretty much the entirety of section 14 also came to the consensus that as much as we love him, we cannot wait for him to move on...and take his t rex arms(straight from the mouth of a little girl).

Allen, not Plumlee. You are bizarro JML.

aiw said:
Thain said:
aiw said:

Haha I was right there with you on Allen. Also, Pretty much the entirety of section 14 also came to the consensus on Plumlee that as much as we love him, we cannot wait for him to move on...and take his t rex arms(straight from the mouth of a little girl).

Allen, not Plumlee. You are bizarro JML.

Sorry, I have edited that to make more sense.

DSC_3854-X2.jpg

We almost lost on this.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Was trying to avoid thinking of the @UNC as a real opportunity for Duke to win a game. Hard not to at least give Duke a small chance now.

1st half must be almost entirely zone. Let's not be ridiculous. If you had to pick one halfway decent team in the nation to play zone against, UNC would be that team. Get to halftime with no one in foul trouble and some energy left.

2nd half can be more man to man if K simply must have it. I don't see the harm in just going zone the whole way, though.

Man to man matchups, assuming Amile still can't play through pain:

Allen on Berry
Thornton on Paige
Jones on Jackson
Ingram on Johnson
Plumlee on Meeks

Not so important, though, since Duke should be switching everything and going under screens in man to man. It should effectively look a lot like a zone. Let UNC take jumpers.

I fear Ingram fouling out on Johnson, but not as much if there is lots of zone. Johnson has only played 27 mpg in ACC and is still foul prone, at 4.7 fouls per 40 min in ACC, so UNC should be worried about Johnson fouling out guarding Ingram. Their advantage is not being as crippled as Duke would be if any of Duke's six players foul out, let alone Ingram. I don't think UNC can hide Johnson on Jones, because this would pull Johnson away from the basket, taking away a lot of rebounding and rim protection. Meeks can't guard Ingram or Jones, so he's stuck on Plumlee.

I think the refs will decide this game, not in a devious or unfair way, but just by making a few 50/50 calls one way or the other.

Zone seems right because of their offensive style, but they are 9th in the country in OR%(pretty typical for them), so I'd be worried we're just going to get crushed with easy putbacks.

aiw said:
DSC_3854-X2.jpg

We almost lost on this.

This makes it look like luck. But on his release he was not nearly so off-balance. Was really just a beautiful play and beautiful shot (though I doubt that was what they drew up). Worthy game winner by an awesome player.

I respect this UVA team and last year's UVA team like I respected Maryland with Vasquez. What I really hate getting beat on is some poorly coached garbage.

Sprained Anus out for Louisville this weekend. Duke goes backdoor.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom