Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Louisville 2/8, Virginia 2/13, @UNC 2/17, @Louisville 2/20

Re: Louisville 2/8, Virginia 2/13, @UNC 2/17, @Louisville 2/

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Echoing what some have already said here, on offense, I would like to see Duke take a ton of 3s, preferably late in the shot clock after standing around and resting for 20+ seconds. Try to make this a 60 possession game to limit fatigue and chances to foul. Get back on defense instead of going for offensive rebounds.

Duke may not make their 3s tonight, in which case they'll get blown out playing like that, but they were going to lose if they weren't making their 3s anyway. If they're making their 3s, obviously they should win playing like that. I hope Thornton shows his best side tonight. The other guys have already shown they're fine with this approach in a few other games this season.

That all sounds good, but I think the strategy on the other side is going to be to extend pressure on Ingram and Thornton, which should lead to a lot of transition opportunities both off of turnovers and Duke missed layups (I think they'll live with a few made layups if it means speeding up the game in general). I haven't seen much evidence that Ingram/Thornton are capable of dictating pace--it seems like Duke this year is willing to play at whatever pace its opponent prefers. Add to all of that the fact that the first Duke/UNC game is usually hectic as all hell, and I think we're basically stuck having to play the game on their terms at their pace.

We need a game like the 2012 game at CH except a much slower pace (IIRC, that game was over 70 possessions with the longer shot clock.) Duke made 14 3s on over 50% 3-pt rate. UNC made one 3 on like 5 attempts or something. And Duke won by one point.

Looking back at recent history, Duke has done a pretty good job of keeping UNC's pace down in games played at the Dome (much better than at Cameron, actually). They've also gotten off to a lot of really good starts, which helps.

I think the pace comes from adrenaline. I think Duke is so amped at Cameron we probably unconsciously play at a quicker pace. You can make the same argument for UNC's poor starts at home.

Line is up to 7.5 everywhere. It's over.

I think Duke may have been a bigger underdog in the Rivers Game. Other than that, the only line I remember bigger than that against Duke was the Gbinije Game at Ohio State (Duke +8.5 at tip).

She should be expelled. School loyalty comes first in life.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Line is up to 7.5 everywhere. It's over.

I think Duke may have been a bigger underdog in the Rivers Game. Other than that, the only line I remember bigger than that against Duke was the Gbinije Game at Ohio State (Duke +8.5 at tip).

I believe the Rivers game we were at +9.5, which I put money on because I just knew we were gonna get smoked by 15. And then Zeller happened.

You bet against Duke?

Line is up to 8 everywhere. Vegas messed this one up from the start.

UNC and Louisville play their best games of the season before they get Duke at home.

DcfI9Rc.png

Could Dukeblueplanet have picked a trollier picture? Roy looks 2 breaths from death.

Roy looks like an ancient turtle.

He has a shrunken head.

Ingram's high. We good.

I think Roy's head was photoshopped onto Dean's body.

Old, decrepit Dean.

Wut

Is Dukiesrock also watzone?

JWill almost had it.

He said he didn't like Forte, Hayward and Peppers. Wanted to beat their heads in.

Then he said something else that I don't remember, but it was stupid.

Oh yeah, he said Duke wants to play fast.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom