Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Instead of getting Kevin Love for five years on a pre-TVdeal cap, Klay will leave in RFA and warriors will be left with nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
Granted the FIBA games created false impressions of certain players. For example, Faried is probably not the best power forward in the world.

But...Klay Thompson looked really good. It's still hard for me to wrap my head around watching him on the court and then seeing how low his PER is.

BxqcpnqCQAEqFn0.png:large

If you draw a line from top left to bottom right, you basically separate good (upper right) from bad (lower left).

Top overall SGs in the NBA:

1. Vince Carter (UNC)
2. Manu Ginobili
3. Danny Green (UNC)
4. Goran Dragic
5. James Harden
6. Kyle Korver
7. Joe Johnson
8. Tony Allen
9. Dwyane Wade (Marquette)
10. Jimmy Butler (Marquette)
11. Kobe Bryant
12. Klay Thompson

Thompson will get the max because he's a slightly above average starting SG and is young. Two max players per team makes sense, so about 12 per position, but the teams paying the 12th best player at a position the max will not win championships. The teams that don't pay anyone the max, like the Spurs, have a chance. The teams that pay 2-3 actual elite players the same as some teams will pay Klay Thompson, Greg Monroe and Roy Hibbert have a chance.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Top overall SGs in the NBA:

1. Vince Carter (UNC)
2. Manu Ginobili
3. Danny Green (UNC)
4. Goran Dragic
5. James Harden
6. Kyle Korver
7. Joe Johnson
8. Tony Allen
9. Dwyane Wade (Marquette)
10. Jimmy Butler (Marquette)
11. Kobe Bryant
12. Klay Thompson

Thompson will get the max because he's a slightly above average starting SG and is young. Two max players per team makes sense, so about 12 per position, but the teams paying the 12th best player at a position the max will not win championships. The teams that don't pay anyone the max, like the Spurs, have a chance. The teams that pay 2-3 actual elite players the same as some teams will pay Klay Thompson, Greg Monroe and Roy Hibbert have a chance.

How bad is the shooting guard position at this point? The 'best' available are either ancient, journeymen or quasi-point guards. I mean, Harden and Johnson are easily the best, but they have some profound weaknesses and the depth is non-existent. I'd probably save money at pg and throw max at pf/sf/pg. Warriors ought to use the depth at pg to get Steph off the ball.

This is one case where I think the stats are useless, if not flat-out wrong. By no stretch of the imagination is Carter the best.

On another note, when will Coach K start to get a reputation as a terrible defensive coach? Irving, Boozer, Henderson (if this chart is to be believed), etc. Our good defenders, Hill and Battier, have retired.

We've seen the results of his terrible defensive coaching in college: his best offensive team ever lost in the first round. Has the league caught on?

No fucking way is Danny Green a top 15 shooting guard. Not a chance. Even Waiters is better than him.

It's kind of funny how 30 years from now, 80% of people will think of the '09 Heels as being Danny Green's team, with the other 20% thinking of it as Ty Lawson's team.

DurhamSon said:
Instead of getting Kevin Love for five years on a pre-TVdeal cap, Klay will leave in RFA and warriors will be left with nothing

This is why I was so pissed they didn't do the deal in May. Either way they're paying a player max money. Would you rather pay max money to a legit top 5 player in Kevin Love or would you rather pay a guy that hasn't even had a PER better than league average? It seems so simple to me, just really don't understand why they didn't make the trade when they had the chance.

Solved Baldness without using that Boozer sharpie stuff.

"This site made a noticeable turn on Kyrie last year, and the never ending Kyrie v Dion support contest militated heavily in Dion's favor. There were many calls to trade Kyrie and build around Dion in a non ironic or facetious way. That 100% happened."

So now we have the Kyrie is god and Dion stinks posts. Kyrie is obviously better than he showed last year and at least some of that is on him. He appears to have at least a little coach killer in him as he helped get rid of his "basketball father" and never gave Brown a chance. Dion is a player who has an absolutely fantastic handle can get to to the basket at will and on a statistical basis is good catch and shoot guy in the same class asthe sainted Bradley Beal. There is a reason that Lebron wanted to play with Dion and was willing to let Wiggins go. The overrated Loul Deng thought that these 2 guys cant get along. We shall see this season.

Can someone please explain to me why RCF has such a boner for Dion Waiters? Every other fan base in the league sees a volume shooter who thinks the goddamn team should play around him, while Kyrie is called a coach killer? Is that a goddamn joke?

Usually fanbases are harder on their own guys' flaws. Which I thought RCF was too with all the scathing anti-kyrie posts, but Dion has gotten a pass unlike anything i've ever seen.

They know Kyrie is far better. But they also see Kyrie doesn't always live up to his potential and they don't want to feel too dependent on him. But they know they have no other options, so they flail about and grab at the only other alternative.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom