Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Forgot to mention the nets got blown the fuck out again with playoffs on the line, and moved up .5 games over TOR, so the Cavs now have to deal with that headache in the 2nd round.

Hope the post game wrap up show wasn't a call-in.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if I'm reading the standings right, I feel really bad for New Orleans. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they have to beat the Spurs to make the playoffs? I don't know how the tiebreak between them and OKC works, but OKC is playing Minnesota tomorrow. You should just assume that they're going to win, given that it's Minnesota and there's a playoff berth on the line.

Meanwhile, NOP-SAS game actually matters to the Spurs, right? After the Clippers win tonight, they will be one game ahead of SAS. Not sure about the tiebreak there either. If that's the case, then you can't expect the Spurs to rest everyone and conceded the game (as they might do if they were locked into their playoff seed).

At least NOP is playing at home. The Brow deserves a playoff appearance.

rome8180 said:
Meanwhile, NOP-SAS game actually matters to the Spurs, right? After the Clippers win tonight, they will be one game ahead of SAS. Not sure about the tiebreak there either. If that's the case, then you can't expect the Spurs to rest everyone and conceded the game (as they might do if they were locked into their playoff seed).

Yes, it definitely matters to the Spurs -- the Rockets are still in the mix here, too. If Rockets won and Spurs lost tomorrow, then Spurs would have the #5 seed.

So what it comes down to is I should root hard for the Pelicans tomorrow. Because one, Anthony Davis. And two, fuck the Spurs.

McCollum would be a good fit on this board, honestly. It seems like he's really into Synergy data and is able to break down his own game on that level.

Lance Stephenson with the worst 3 point shooting season in league history with a minimum of 100 attempts. He finished at 17.1%, made only 18 out of 105 attempts.

rome8180 said:
So what it comes down to is I should root hard for the Pelicans tomorrow. Because one, Anthony Davis. And two, fuck the Spurs.

I'm in the exact opposite boat. If San Antonio wins, they get the 2 seed and the Warriors wouldn't have to potentially play them until the western conference finals.

I like Golden State's chances against either the Pelicans or Thunder but I really would prefer to play the Spurs as late as possible. The Spurs are so damn good.

CK86 said:
Lance Stephenson with the worst 3 point shooting season in league history with a minimum of 100 attempts. He finished at 17.1%, made only 18 out of 105 attempts.

"Born ready"

I would be pretty nice if each NBA player would came to this board to give a detailed run down of his own advanced stats profile.

Just proves that Derrick Williams really should have been the #1 pick over Kyrie Irving.

Spurs falling to the 6th seed was the best possible outcome for my Warriors. Avoid them in round 2 and they've got to win 2 playoff series without homecourt advantage.

The only bullshit is that the Cavs have to play the Bulls in the second round. Both the Wizards and the Raptors would have been a better draw.

The Hawks, meanwhile, should coast to the ECF.

CK86 said:
Spurs falling to the 6th seed was the best possible outcome for my Warriors. Avoid them in round 2 and they've got to win 2 playoff series without homecourt advantage.

Same for my Rockets. We got Mavs in the first round and THEN only one of Clippers/Spurs. Was afraid the path was going to be Clips, Spurs, Warriors.

Not that it matters with 2 of our 6 best players out for the season and Dwight with knee issues. But still....little victories.

James Harden is a mother fucking wizard and has had what I believe to be one of the best non-lebrun MVP seasons in recent memory. Shame he isn't popular enough in the media.

1. LAC-SAS

2. POR-MEM
3. GSW-NOP
4. HOU-DAL

5. TOR-WAS (Game 7 only)

6. CLE-BOS
7. ATL-BKN
8. Watch hockey or something
9. CHI-MIL

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms