Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Rasheed Sulaimon

Coach K's comments:

“You’re just on his side. He’s just not playing well. You can see it. It’s not about attitude. He’s got a good attitude. He’s a good team player. It’s just not going well for him. It’s kind of like in baseball, one of your really good hitters striking out all the time and just can’t get a hit. We have to keep positive with him. His teammates are really good with him. He’s good with his teammates. The other thing is, even for Matt [Jones], Matt’s playing real well, but when Andre’s playing that well you have to get Andre on the floor. Unless they’ve changed this, there are only 200 minutes. Five guys, 40 minutes. You have three guys who are going to probably take up half of those minutes in Jabari [Parker], Rodney [Hood] and Quinn. Then it’s a matter of how you do it. Whenever someone says someone’s not playing, who would they play for? Or are you going to give me magically 25 more minutes. That’s just the way it is. You have to stay positive with everybody. It’s a long season. Look, Andre three weeks ago at this time, he wouldn’t have played like he did today. Things change and you just hang in there with everybody and hopefully no one gets hurt and you have enough guys playing well you have a chance to win. That part of is not complicated. All of our guys have good attitudes and are working hard and we like that.”

Part of it is that he really didn't improve much over the offsesaon. His jump shot is still super streaky because of how off balance he is when he shoots it. His handle looks the exact same as last year. He doesn't look like he added much strength if any from last year. And the biggest thing is that he still cant finish in the paint. He is constantly blocked or being bumped off balance on any traffic drives. Sheed is still a very good player who is just struggling, but I honestly don't think he did much to improve his game over the offseason.

If I had shot 3-9 on national TV, I might not feel that great...

but, welcome back Sheed!!

rhfarmer said:
If I had shot 3-9 on national TV, I might not feel that great...

but, welcome back Sheed!!

He was actually 3-7. Initial box score was wrong. Makes it a much more solid overall performance.

Yes, I know he was mired in an epic slump. But I still maintain he's our best passing SG of all time. The way he finds bigs when he gets into the lane is incredible. How many wraparound passes did we see to Mason last year? And that look-away drop-off pass to Marshall yesterday...

How many different ways can the announcers butcher Sheed's name should become a drinking game for the Duke fanbase.

Maybe I'm confusing that guy with somebody else, but I seem to remember that commentator always being horrible.

Len Elmore? No, he's awesome.Very respectful toward Duke. Never questions a call.

Bear in mind that I haven't seen the bad part of the game yet, but he was playing with a swagger/anger that really excited me. He was even shit-talking that one freshman a little bit. I didn't expect that out of him.

What got me really hard was when he hit that three and then pulled up on the fast break for that 20-footer. SMTTEM probably died a little inside at the shot selection, but I loved how he just stood there with his hand still in the air and his wrist extended because he knew it was going in. And then Jiggy nearly killed him in the celebration.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basket ... arker-hood

"He made the right call sitting me out of the game.

“I could have come up with a million excuses of why I didn’t play … blamed somebody. The reality of the situation is I put myself in that situation. I had to get back to playing like myself, really. I felt embarrassed, like I let my teammates down, even though we won. I knew I never wanted to feel like that again.”

Too bad his father hates Coach K, amirite?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom