Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Trevon Duval

Choosing Duval over Young should qualify as a fireable-with-cause offense. Disgusting performance from him today.

"I hate him" and "there's no place for him in the NBA"? Probably time to step away for a bit.

I also think you guys are overreacting about that three. I would have preferred he not take it, obviously, but a spot-up corner three off of a kickout isn't an inexcusable shot to take. There were much worse things that happened today

6-33 for the season means you should have a red light even if no defender is within 20 feet of you, let alone taking 3 in a game. Or making weird behind the back turnovers in traffic. I don't blame him for the last foul that much as the staff should have been fouling immediately and i've never seen that called an intentional in my life.

Anyone okay with Duval taking a 3 there by that logic should be satisfied with any Duke player taking a 3 at any point during the game, whether that's DeLaurier, Bolden, Zoubek, Boateng, ANYONE. And obviously I don't think anyone feels that way wrt those guys

Imagine being a guard in the era of modern basketball and not being able to sniff 20% on open threes.

Eh, he's nowhere near that bad for corner threes on the year. I know we don't have any way to check that, but I'd be surprised if he's below 30% on spot-up corner threes. He's clearly got the green light to take that shot, even if he shouldn't have in that context.

If Trae Young were not NPOY favorite, I think we would all be fine with this as growing pains for a guy who didn’t come in with a great reputation for basketball IQ. He has surpassed expectations if you thought he would be a ballhog cancer (I did).

He has two pretty simple options: figure out how to make wide open 3s from all over the court at 30-35%, or figure out a way to beat the same defensive look he’s going to see on every possession, with his defender sagged all the way into the paint. There are players in worse circumstances, such as Allen, who doesn’t seem to have any ceiling left or adjustments to make.

That was really true of the entire second half and not just that one possession. Here's an ugly stat: Carter and Bagley combined for 3 2-point attempts in the entire second half. BC was clogging up the middle to their credit, but that stat tells you how much Duke got away from its game. This game is obviously being interpreted as a defensive failure, but to me the second half offense was the most discouraging thing to happen.

That was really true of the entire second half and not just that one possession. Here's an ugly stat: Carter and Bagley combined for 3 2-point attempts in the entire second half. BC was clogging up the middle to their credit, but that stat tells you how much Duke got away from its game. This game is obviously being interpreted as a defensive failure, but to me the second half offense was the most discouraging thing to happen.

Poor offense and poor rebounding (and BC's hot shooting of course) were the pitfalls. Devils made weird decisions with the ball all day.

This loss is a result of Duvall getting into foul trouble more than anything else. Grayson was forced to play PG, which made him a facilitator rather than a go-to shooting guard. That threw Grayson's game off. This little adjustment was a team chemistry back breaker against a BC team shooting out of it's ass. Duke would have been better suited having Goldwire at PG while Duvall sat. When he came back in the second half Duvall was trying to speed up play because Duke was behind. It caused quick bad shots and our guys being out of position.

A PG runs the team like a QB setting up his players for success. Duvall was all messed up because of his foul troubles. I hate to say this, but this Duke team will go as Duvall goes IMHO.

A PG runs the team like a QB setting up his players for success. Duvall was all messed up because of his foul troubles. I hate to say this, but this Duke team will go as Duvall goes IMHO.

If this team goes as Duvall goes we are in big trouble.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom