Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Trevon Duval

Staff made a lot of mistakes this year. We should've had 5 losses and playing Nova in the FF for a trip to the title game to play Michigan.

Duval was wildly inconsistent and easily the most maddening player on the roster, with the poor shooting, turnovers, and mental lapses, but he did deliver some fantastic performances (MSU, UNC @ Cameron, Kansas) and was comfortably our best PG since Tyus, fwiw. I'll remember him more fondly than Jackson or Thornton.

Looking forward to Tre Jones next year, though. The top destination for high-end talent will have steady guard play for the first time since 2015, imagine that.

Have we established that Tre is going to be better than Tyus? I believe a bunch of Tyus' success was due to Quinn Cook, and he doesn't have that Luxury of a senior guard to go along beside him

I don't think anyone is saying better, are they? I've watched enough of him to feel confident he will be very good. I do think more will expected of him from a leadership perspective, unfortunately.

I think it's cool that some NBA team is going to be willing to overlook the fact that Duval is blind in one eye.

I don't think anyone is saying better, are they? I've watched enough of him to feel confident he will be very goodI do think more will expected of him from a leadership perspective, unfortunately.

No, just asking the question. It will most IikeIy take the team until mid-January to even start gelling together since it will be so young and talented, figuring out their roles , and hopefulIy without injury. If he has better Assists to TO's than DuvaI had it will make me happy.

There’s a good chance he’s a far better defender and rebounder while not being as efficient scoring. Passing is probably slight edge Tyus but Tre could match his assist rate.

I just hope he's close to as effective a game manager as Tyus. Tyus ran the team so well.

There’s a good chance he’s a far better defender and rebounder while not being as efficient scoring. Passing is probably slight edge Tyus but Tre could match his assist rate.

I think Tre will lock up and will be better than Tyus as a defender, but I think the most underappreciated part of Tyus's game was his defense. Great team defender and even with size and athletic limitations, I never remember him getting cooked by an opposing point guard.

With Tre having to play 40 mins a game, I'm guessing the coaches will have him adhere to the Mason Plumlee "pretending to play defense but not really" school of defense.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom