Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Trevon Duval

He just could not be any more Voodoo Tatum if he tried. Legitimately cracks me up.

Get ready for the Duval Theory. Not that Javin did shit today, but I feel like he's going to bring more to the table than Duval does. Would not be surprised if he ends up as a better perimeter defender, help defender, offensive and defensive rebounder, 3PT shooter, FT shooter, and finisher than Duval, while also turning the ball over much less. Is "true PG" really enough to make Duval a better complement than him to Allen/Trent/Carter/Bagley?

There would've been nothing wrong with Thornton if he had just had a higher bball IQ. Thornton played good defense. If Duval can just take of the ball, spread it around, handle it against pressure, commit to playing defense and get some explosive buckets in transition that's a pretty good player.

I still think Thornton could've developed into a good PG at Duke. It's funny because he probably would have helped a lot last season. Would have much rather had a sophomore Thornton than Bolden that's for sure, since that was essentially the trade.

His production looked decent based on box score (was not able to watch game). How was his defence?

His production looked decent based on box score (was not able to watch game). How was his defence?

I am thrilled.

8 points, 8 assists, 3 steals, and 0 turnovers. I think his defense was very good. A big steal and slam on the other end was his defensive highlight.

That was surprisingly encouraging. He wasn't dominant, but managed the game, looked good on D, and had almost no dumb freshman shots/turnovers. Basically the opposite of what I was expecting.

Maybe the most encouraging part was that it suggests he's coachable. If he's willing to play within himself and work on his weaknesses, rather than being a Thornton, that's all we need out of him.

Spatola mentioned a couple of times something about him not working hard in practice, or not taking practice seriously. I don't like that, but he'll only be here a few more months anyway, I guess.
It did make me wonder if maybe that was a factor in K sitting him last week.

FWIW I think Duke may have made slight adjustments to Duval's shooting form. It seems a little bit more compact than it did in high school.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom