Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2013-2014 Discussion Thread

Any similar statements from anyone who actually played with him?

bfactor said:
Any similar statements from anyone who actually played with him?
Ray Ray might be busy getting ready for a court date.
May was unavailable for comment due to donuts in his mouth.
Marvin Willia.......uhh, has anyone seen him anywhere lately?

Saw a premium post saying Ray Ray is going to lead the counter attack. LOL at how that would go over.

DurhamSon said:

Getting paid by agents? Do go on...

I'll say this: years of reading Hodge's tweets have helped me to understand why Chris Paul did what he did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you say anything about it if you were Matt Doherty? I understand Roy's lying about it.

Because he was McCants original coach? These things were going on when he was there, too. And, McCants helped get him fired.

I understand that. But what does he have to gain? He's already been fired. He's no longer a coach at any university.

He may want to be in the future, though (even though I think he has no shot).

He had to get in front of it, too. He'd certainly be asked about it, if he already hasn't been.

^true, but I cannot forsee the NCAA doing anything of substance. It is ok to pick on Memphis, UMASS (hi Coach Cal) and Minnesota (1997), but they will not touch UNC.

I really don't like rRhoid, so I can at minimum enjoy the public criticism of him. Such a sanctimonious fuckhead.

^^Yep, some things never change. It was back in the 80's, I think, when Jerry Tarkanian said "the NCAA is so mad at Kentucky, it will probably slap another two years' probation on Cleveland State."
The NCAA is going to come down hard on somebody, but it probably won't be Carolina. Watch out, College of Charleston, it could be you!

McCants going to end up being Carolina's Jose Canseco?

Julius Hodge's tweets are showing just how to disagree with one man's methods but not the substance of his message. I'm guessing Heel fans aren't RTing him much today.

Think this Rashad stuff ultimately blows over tbh. The NCAA has sat back, and done nothing with this for over 4 years. I'm more worried about what comes out of it regarding Fats, some other agents, and boosters. I can't be the only one who remembers the shit with Ellington right?

uncy12 said:
Think this Rashad stuff ultimately blows over tbh. The NCAA has sat back, and done nothing with this for over 4 years. I'm more worried about what comes out of it regarding Fats, some other agents, and boosters. I can't be the only one who remembers the shit with Ellington right?

No, you aren't the only one. That's still the biggest WOW scandal out there imo.

There seems to be a pretty strong contingent of current and former UNC athletes who are convinced that McCants is lying about everything. What does McCants possibly stand to gain by making this up? Is it just for attention, or is this a ploy to get back in the NBA? His basketball career is going well as something called Uberlandia Tenis Clube is paying him to play in Brazil, so the attention seeking theory makes sense here.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom