Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2013-2014 Discussion Thread

He does, I think.

But even if his main motive is publicity, that still doesn't explain his transcripts.

McCants may be a big douchebag but his transcripts don't lie. His claims are also eerily similar to other accusations from football players at the university. I just don't see the logic in him lying about something that results in him completely obliterating all ties to UNC.

Speaking of transcripts..........

Rashad McCants: UNC Academic Fraud Scandal

4:23 on.

Methinks whomever the ESPN graphics designer was who came up with that idea for illustrating the discrepancy in McCant's non-AFAM and AFAM grades was called in for a personal meeting with Skipper today. Brilliant design, in my opinion.

Duke fans must be having a field day with this one. If the University wants to accredit classes that barely require any work then so be it but to blast Kentucky, and Calipari for their high team GPA like a lot of ICers do then well it makes you a damn hypocrite.

physicsfactor said:
"Barely require any work" is one way to put it. "Not actually exist" is another way.

It's amazing how UNC fans don't see the disconnect. They keep saying "every university has easy classes".

THESE CLASSES DIDN'T MEET AT ALL OR DIDN'T EXIST

Every other school does this: "Athletes are drawn to these courses because the workloads are more manageable when balancing sports and academics, particularly during the season."

UNC does this: "Hey, just go play basketball now and leave it to us to produce something at the end of the semester that says you made four A's. You are welcome for the education!"

Still trying to get me banned from IC premo like a fuckhead?

Roy spoke to some local media here in Wilmington today. http://www.wwaytv3.com/2014/06/16/only-3-roy-williams-wilmington-says-latest-junk-not-distraction

Not much there, other than

"We've had a distraction for a couple years now. You're almost used to it, so that makes it even not a distraction," Williams said. "We're trying to focus on our kids and getting better as a basketball player individually this time of year, and then hopefully we can put it together and get better as a team once the season starts."

Long-suffering Roy Williams - Sainted leader and murderer of the English language.

Anyone else feel bad for James Michael McAdoo? I'm sure there are some examples out there, but off the top of my head, I don't recall another instance of a coach so directly costing his player at least $5 million (guaranteed for top 10 pick, which McAdoo was projected to be after his freshman season) and basically any real chance of a career by giving the player terrible advice. Roy knew the major holes in McAdoo's game (shooting, any kind of offense really) from watching McAdoo in practice every day and Roy knew this would be badly exposed with more playing time. The closest comparison to this situation in recent Duke times is Austin Rivers, IMO. He left. He had plenty of holes in his game that K did a good job of masking for one season. K didn't convince him to stay. This is what any good person would do. You can retire very comfortably on $5 million. Roy is so terrible.

I don't feel bad for him because he chose to listen to him -- twice.

I miss him a little because I don't think we'll ever see again a guy get so many shot attempts for UNC who was just so monsterably inefficient and detrimental to his team.

All of the basketball/football players at UNC are uneducated and ignorant. They are taken advantage of by a coach who claims to not know what classes they're in, knows they are really in sham classes that teach them nothing, gives them terrible advice because he knows they're too stupid to know it's terrible advice, and is basically one of the worst people in the world.

I'll probably send McAdoo a dollar bill through the mail. Feel really bad for him actually.

We all know that Triangle crime reports involving local athletes are always completely true, so I think it's time to discuss the implications.

He must either: A) be an addict of some sort; B) have severe mental issues.

No other explanations for being that big of a fuck-up.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom