Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2013-2014 Discussion Thread

UNC unveiled a "Complete Carolina" initiative to get former athletes back on campus to get their degrees. My understanding is that the former athletes need only to sign up for the bogus classes and will be given a degree from UNC to truly complete the Carolina experience.

IC wants Marvin Williams degree to count towards their basketball teams apr. Its borderline ridiculous and stupid how excited they are for Williams to get his degree. As if it erases everything else that has gone on.

Also, Meeks looks to be in REALLY good shape compared to last year.

NBAdraft.net has Brice Johnson as the 2nd best returning prospect in college this season, and #9 overall in the draft. Only Caris LaVert is better. Justin Jackson is #14. We know they're both staying at least 2 more seasons because Roy thinks it will help their draft stock.

I think we can all agree that they're nailing it with Brice, ahead of the national media as usual. Going to be a monster this season. Fortunately so will Amile. Justin Jackson probably gets sandbagged as usual, though.

No Duke player is listed except Okafor. Sulaimon, Winslow, Tyus all expected to return.

1) Lol

2) I wasn't even aware that these existed... and that UNC regularly took them out for their players. Does Duke do this too?

3) lol

4) Roy must have the highest premiums in the country for this shit

5) How's that conversation go... "Hey sorry about ruining your career and the one chance you had of ever making a million dollars... here's a check for 250K?"

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like we would've heard about this if Duke did it, and we'd have more players staying like UNC does. The ESPN article about Jameis Winston's insurance makes it seem like very few players get this. No one in football sticks around longer than they need to, so it's a shock when someone like Peyton stays 4 years. UNC seems like the one extreme outlier getting elite recruits to stay longer than they should.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I feel like we would've heard about this if Duke did it, and we'd have more players staying like UNC does. The ESPN article about Jameis Winston's insurance makes it seem like very few players get this. No one in football sticks around longer than they need to, so it's a shock when someone like Peyton stays 4 years. UNC seems like the one extreme outlier getting elite recruits to stay longer than they should.

Right, but I thought that was exclusively for career ending injuries though. Not just because you ended up sucking really badly

Moderators: I have invited gremlin76 to start posting on this forum.

Hope that is ok with everyone.

UNC's up 1 at half on the first game of their Bahamas tour. Ohio State beat the same team by 52

uncy12 said:
UNC's up 1 at half on the first game of their Bahamas tour. Ohio State beat the same team by 52

I remember when Barnes struggled mightily four years ago during one of these trips. It's when the facade of him being a future all star stud started to crack

This is pathetic. The top pick in the draft plus 5-6 other 1st rounders will split with this garbage team that still can't shoot due to the coaching mismatch.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom