Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion Thread

I don't see this as a LOIC case. It seems like UNC was in complete control, it's what they chose to do.

Of course Roy is playing up the plausible deniability angle which is almost as insulting as 18 years of academic cheating.

Yeah, I'm surprised anyone not a Duke fan even follows him. He's like our public TiR. Down right embarrassing the way he fawns all over everything Duke related.

Seriously, though, those Bilas tweets are pretty surprising to me and very encouraging.

UNC should just ignore the NCAA. Just claim the NCAA has no authority, don't comply and ignore all of it. See how long the NCAA even lasts.

deepdarkblue said:
Yeah, I'm surprised anyone not a Duke fan even follows him. He's like our public TiR. Down right embarrassing the way he fawns all over everything Duke related.

Seriously, though, those Bilas tweets are pretty surprising to me and very encouraging.

I was thinking the same thing. For him to come out that strongly is a good sign.

I'll say this though, i'm pretty neutral on the whole UNC going down thing. I would much rather see UNC fight the NCAA, not comply with anything and lead a charge into getting a new system set up or something. I don't like UNC at all but seeing our rivalry with them diminish for the foreseeable future wouldn't be fun. Now, if NC State or Maryland was about to get hammered I would be all for it, but the rivalry with UNC is special regardless of the dislike we all have for them. It's college basketball's best rivalry. It would for me personally be a shame to see any competitiveness in the rivalry completely vanish for an extended period of time.

Slap the Floor said:
deepdarkblue said:

I was thinking the same thing. For him to come out that strongly is a good sign.

I'll say this though, i'm pretty neutral on the whole UNC going down thing. I would much rather see UNC fight the NCAA, not comply with anything and lead a charge into getting a new system set up or something. I don't like UNC at all but seeing our rivalry with them diminish for the foreseeable future wouldn't be fun. Now, if NC State or Maryland was about to get hammered I would be all for it, but the rivalry with UNC is special regardless of the dislike we all have for them. It's college basketball's best rivalry. It would for me personally be a shame to see any competitiveness in the rivalry completely vanish for an extended period of time.

Slap, do you pay taxes in NC? If you do, you might want to consider that your tax money has contributed to 18 years of fraud and ignore your feelings about the basketball part.

I'm just a petty, small-minded person who, after too many years of reading and hearing their crap about how they do everything the "right" way, wants to see the worst of the UNC fanbase humbled and shamed (if it's even possible for them to have such feelings). The next time one of them says "Corey Magette! or Well, Lance Thomas..." I may piss myself laughing.

deepdarkblue said:
I'm just a petty, small-minded person who, after too many years of reading and hearing their crap about how they do everything the "right" way, wants to see the worst of the UNC fanbase humbled and shamed (if it's even possible for them to have such feelings). The next time one of them says "Corey Magette! or Well, Lance Thomas..." I may piss myself laughing.
This.

uncwood
All-American
8303 posts this site
Posted: Today 7:06 PM
Re: Emmert speaks out about Weinstein report

Sadly I agree unc86.

Of course Emmert didn't have anything to say about the transparency and accountability we've demonstrated. He didn't have anything to say about the reforms we've implemented. He didn't say that we now have stronger governance in place than most schools. He didn't say that we offer a higher quality education than most schools. Any of that would go against their strategy which will be to paint us as a nefarious outlier, the dark corner of NCAA academics. Reality couldn't be further from the truth.

LOL. Head in sand.

Just recently came to mind that IC insiders have said that UNC leaders feel like they have been honest with the NCAA the whole time? If that isn't the truth, and the NCAA doesn't feel that way holy god that's just another hammer waiting to be dropped.

So Wear leaves UNC and makes the NBA while JJMM stays and becomes forgotten.

“If those classes weren't available, what would they have taken and what would the grade have been?” Cunningham said. “And that becomes a challenging question, in hindsight.”

aiw said:
“If those classes weren't available, what would they have taken and what would the grade have been?” Cunningham said. “And that becomes a challenging question, in hindsight.”

If they weren't afforded an opportunity to cheat, they may have worked hard to remain eligible. Thus, due to the existence of a possibly ethical parallel reality, we can't be found guilty.

aiw said:
The amount of self-delusion here is astounding. This is straight out of IC.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/10/28/ ... .html?rh=1

It would be the equivalent of three student athletes per team per year over that period of time,” Cunningham said, referencing the 18-year period in which athletes and non-athletes alike used bogus classes to boost their GPAs. “So as bad as it was, as long as it was, it's really starting to sink in that there was maybe one, two, three classes for somebody – so that might be six or nine hours out of 120 that it takes to graduate. So it's shocking but as you have a little more time to look at it it's not quite as bad as I was thinking it was 48 hours ago.”

"The number of people killed in the 9/11 attack seemed like a lot at the time, but if you take into consideration the number of people who aren't killed in very tall buildings by hijacked aircraft over the course of 18 years, it really isn't as bad as we thought it was at the time"...(or something like that)

"What was it, like 6, 7 maybe 8 kids? When you think about all the kids in central Pennsylvania over the past few decades - probably hundreds of thousands - that's not really so many to shower with"

- PSU AD Bubba Cunningham, in one particular alternate reality

And that's operating under the HUGE assumption that it was spread equally between teams.

Something tells me the rowing team doesn't quite need to take the same liberties.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom