Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion Thread

But the report does show the number of enrollments by class and by semester for the three sports that used them the most: football, and men’s and women’s basketball. For a men’s basketball team that typically includes about 15 players a year, the numbers are substantial.

In the 18 years of paper classes, men’s basketball players accounted for 363 enrollments, an average of 20 enrollments per year.

The football team accounted for 1,377 enrollments during that period, but the football team has roughly nine times the number of athletes.

The Wainstein report shows that from 2000 through 2007, five or more basketball players were enrolled in each of 16 lecture-style classes that had been quietly converted into no-show classes. Twelve of them took place after Williams arrived at UNC in 2003 to coach the team.

Basketball players continued to enroll in sizable numbers until the spring 2008 semester. From there, the enrollments slowed to no more than five a semester.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/11/08/ ... rylink=cpy

Bring down the fake titles.

How can UNC survive this?

"I had a class with (bleeped out basketball player's name.) He didn't come to class at all. He just came to class for the test but he didn't even take it. There was this girl in front of us that took his test then she gave it to him then we ran a train on her."

When asked if everybody knew they were paper classes..."Yeah" (snickering)

"You know he know" (Did Roy know?)

"Roy Williams is a snake."

"If you ain't got a class with a basketball player you better go find one. If you got one with 'em...you know it's an "A."

"If you seen a basketball player and you dropped that class then you just ignorant."

http://media.102jamz.com/device/mobile/ ... of-unc.htm

None of that really sounds bad except if someone is actually taking the test for them.

uncy12 said:
None of that really sounds bad except if someone is actually taking the test for them.

It doesn't sound bad that he said he was TOLD to flunk a disability test ON PURPOSE so that he could get a test helper?

"Powell says he took a paper class, and that "everybody knew" the nature of them. He also told the WJMH hosts that players were instructed to fail learning disability assessment tests so as to ensure players would be provided assistance during tests and for note-taking."

Get your head out of IC's ass. The whole thing is rotten

DurhamSon said:
uncy12 said:

It doesn't sound bad that he implied that he was TOLD to flunk a disability test ON PURPOSE so that he could get a test helper?

Get your head out of IC's ass. The whole thing is rotten
Whoops had to do a double take on that, didn't apprehend the first part. I was talking in the sense of class attendance. I have ones myself where 4 tests account for 100% of the grade, and the professor emails you the powerpoint so there is no point in showing up. Only read AIW's quotes, didn't see the part you just quoted. Yeah, UNC is fucked.

I'm curious how much lower UNC can go at this point. They should shut down that athletic department for a decade, what a disgrace.

So if you're UNC, you're kind of in a bind here. The two options
1) Admit if this is true
2) Refute the allegations but at the same time admit you gave a degree to a guy that can't even form a coherent sentence

Ouch

On tests that still involve handwriting answers, it's common practice to get a relative who is a physician to diagnose you with a sprained wrist or arm to get more time. This does not completely absolve UNC for telling players to fake learning disabilities and otherwise cheating for 18 years, however.

CK86 said:
DrKlahn said:
She took the test and handed it to him and then they what?

They ran a train on her or it. Choo choo!

This makes me think I did not get the full value of my college experience.

It appears that one of the learning centers the UNC athletes were sent to to be assessed is run by the same lady that "rented" the cars for PJ and lived with Fats. Holy shit.

aiw said:
It appears that one of the learning centers the UNC athletes were sent to to be assessed is run by the same lady that "rented" the cars for PJ and lived with Fats. Holy shit.

This is the kind of shit that they cant run away from.

uncy12 said:
So if you're UNC, you're kind of in a bind here. The two options
1) Admit if this is true
2) Refute the allegations but at the same time admit you gave a degree to a guy that can't even form a coherent sentence

Ouch

These really aren't 'options' per se. When the dam fully breaks - and it looks as if that event is coming pretty quickly - both 1) and 2) will be seen as obviously true. The school both cheated and told students to cheat AND gave degrees to some of these folks who were dumber than bricks.

Now the option UNC will choose is almost certainly to lie and obfuscate, if history is any sort of a guide here. This of course will be terribly counterproductive and wind up compelling outsiders to continue digging and revealing ever more slime oozing out of the fetid carcass of the UNC athletic department.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom