Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2018-2019

To be clear, this is just something I heard from a friend. I assume he's getting it through the 247 rumor mill.

I still have the subscription to 247 where I can see all premium sites. At least until it expires in late May. They don’t think Precious is likely.

I'd rather them not get him, but to me raw wings with average skills are somewhat harmless in Roy's system. Hell, talented wings generally under perform. Precious seems more dangerous at a team like UK or MSU.

I'm also a lot more comfortable with Roy going back to a 2-big lineup, especially if the two bigs are not all that great, and when we have some size to combat them. The last two years have been their best against us since Hansbrough was there, IMO due to better shooting and spacing.

I think the last two years have been good against us due to us trying to play two-big Roy Ball against them. They also had a big experience advantage.

When we look at their national success, they've had Berry/Paige and Johnson/Meeks in their two recent successful season. And in 2012, another very successful year where they probably would have gotten to the title game if not for the Marshall injury, they had Marshall/Zeller/Henson. I'm less worried about them sweeping us than how they'll do on the national stage.

You're probably right that Roy will use/misuse Precious as a 3, but I was seeing him more as an addition to an already pretty good front court. It would probably take both Brooks and Manley getting injured for that to happen though.

Last edited:
Fuck off if UNC lands Precious.

Anthony-Robinson-Precious-Brooks-Bacot is a top 5 team for sure.

A frontline of Precious/Brooks/Bacot would make our spacing this year look spectacular. Anthony better be great shooting from 35', because there will be no opportunity to drive. That starting lineup is horrendous.

Eh. Blackshear is the only one that would move the dial for me. Maybe Rayjon Tucker. Harris, Keeling, etc. are very marginal. Seem like nothing more than redundant parts with Woods and Robinson.

Anthony will make them respectable, but they are on the treadmill, and Roy will need to pull a rabbit out of the hat every year now for a while. K has proven he can do that to a large extent. Roy is batting .500 (2006, 2010) with 2019 TBD. I doubt we see the epic collapse we all wanted, but 2-4 years of mediocrity is fine by me.

He is next to worthless on the court, but still weird seeing a player transfer their senior year. Wonder what all those smug prick UNC fans who rip K for "recruiting over players" and mock Duke's transfer record (below D1 average) will have to say about this?

I can't tell if this helps or hurts. He's awful, but now they have no backup to Cole. Roy won't play a player 40 minutes.

I can't tell if this helps or hurts. He's awful, but now they have no backup to Cole. Roy won't play a player 40 minutes.

Oh yeah, they're an injury from unmitigated disaster, but given their track record Anthony is likely to be healthy as a horse, while some lesser player like Platek or Manley will suffer an ACL tear (and unc twitter will remind us of if Tre or Carey are injured at any point)

Yeah, I'm not banking on injuries. I'm just wondering who mans the point during those 10 minutes Cole is off the floor. It's not in Roy's nature to play anyone over 30 minutes. Coby White only played 28.5 last year despite being a far superior option to any backup.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom