Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2018 ACC Tournament

Wow, the first lines posted only have Duke -6. That's gonna go up to -8 or -9 me thinks.

I actually thought it would open double digits

Only one book has posted so far. If it stays at -6 they know something we don't know about the roster. I just refuse to believe that Notre Dame is considered essentially on par with UNC, who given the line last week was considered only 5 points worse than us on a neutral court

I’m not particularly worried about this game. Bonzie was pure shit outside of a few key rebounds and a fadeaway, banked-in, last-second-on-the-shotclock 3. Even if the offense reverts back to pre-UNC second half levels I don’t see ND scoring enough to beat us barring a catastrophic failure of the zone.

Not even an hour and the line's been hammered to -7.5. At least common sense is prevailing.

Edit: 45 minutes later 8.5 and rising.

Last edited:
Didn't Bonzie make a lucky ass bank to basically lock up a victory against us one year at Cameron?

Great win for the Devils to start the ACCT. ND is a legit field of 68 team. Impressive 2nd half.

How did Miami go 11-7 in the ACC? Watching their offense was like a bunch of Duvals on the court at the same time. I wouldn't make it through half a season of that shit before I stabbed by eyes out.

Yeah, Berry and Maye were shit and they won easily. We lose tomorrow. It turns out all the offensive coaching you need is just pushing the ball every single fucking time. Somehow no one can stop it after 30 years of Roy doing it.

Also, UNC's 120 combined years of on-court experience will help.

Maybe going 1-2 will be the new good luck charm in the rivalry. Worked for UNC last year.

We're fine I think unless we waste more possessions having Carter futilely trying to post up. He's lost the ability to do that against anyone the last few weeks. Need to play him like a stretch 4.

My predictions have been horseshit lately, but I think we'll be OK tonight. I talked myself into worrying about ND even though my gut told me we'd be fine. I don't feel particularly nervous about this one.

Cases can be made for the positives of both winning and losing tonight, but at this point I'd prefer to win the ACCT and put ourselves in the best possible position for the NCAA draw. That way we can blame the committee for fucking us with a clear conscience.

God this really is the type of lazy, useless analysis i've grown to hate from twitter. Completely without significance or predictive power, but enough filler to spark discussion and seem like you're engaging with the userbase you're overcharging.

We're fine I think unless we waste more possessions having Carter futilely trying to post up. He's lost the ability to do that against anyone the last few weeks. Need to play him like a stretch 4.

I understand your point due to WC's at the rim struggles the past 2 games, but the Devils need him to post because of the attention he will command (kick out passes) and drawing UNC fouls.

Why the fuck does Little want to play for Roy? Shoulda stuck with Shady Miller - better chance of getting to the league earlier.

Pinson will probably get drafted now. His steady development into a good FT shooter suggests someone like the Spurs can easily turn him into a 3 and D.

With Pinson playing like this, along with the potential for Berry to find his game again, UNC could have the clear better player than Duke at 3 out of 5 positions: Berry over Duval, Pinson over Trent, 1st team ACC Maye over 2nd team ACC Carter. Also, Johnson and Williams are excellent in their roles.

Roy has committed to his small ball lineup, which has been a top 3 unit in the country by net efficiency all season. They really do seem poised to repeat.

The best thing about today will be rooting for Virginia in the earlier game, only out of fear that UNC will advance and get to play Clemson in the final.

Duke has nothing to lose if, by some gift from God, Duke beats UNC and gets to play Virginia again. I doubt beating Clemson in the final would raise Duke on the S-curve above the double Big 12 champion or the Beasts of the Big East.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom