Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bracketology

It makes complete sense if you’re a Duke fan to root against Duke if they’re playing a 1-seed this season, as long as UNC is still alive in the Tournament. We could go through the math, but I don’t think it’s necessary - it’s a very obvious conclusion based on typical utility curves/happiness from Duke winning vs. UNC losing and the chances of Duke playing and beating UNC vs. a 1-seed playing and beating UNC.

It makes emotional hedging very weird, though. I would actually bet on Duke to win vs. the 1 seed parlayed with UNC to win their game to compensate for the sadness.

The committee hasn’t factored in results after Friday save for bid thieves in a while now. I don’t think today’s games matter, other than State’s.

Purdue result is helpful to having one of Houston or UConn on the left side of the bracket. Need to root for one of them to win tonight to ensure it.

They will put the overall number 1 on the left side of the bracket along with the worst number one seed so that those two would in theory meet up in the Semifinal. I prefer UNC on the side with either UConn or Houston to preserve the possibility that they would have to beat both to win it.

Who the hell knows what happens in the tourney but suspect that alignment could reduce their title odds from like 9 percent to 7 percent (making that number up but that’s the idea)

If I am reading tonight’s bracketmatrix correctly, there are going to be teams in Dayton that are TEN seeds. Not 11 or 12. We are about to get the weirdest bracket ever.

The bubble shrunk by 5 spots over the last couple days. I’ve never seen anything like it before.
I think this will accelerate the inevitable expansion of the tournament to 200 teams or whatever they want. There are legitimate teams that weren’t even thought of as bubble teams going to Dayton (or worse). Big conference teams, too. Like if aTm is out, the 68 team format is done.

How the hell can there be nine teams from the same conference or any conference get bids? That’s the most ridiculous thing about Bracketology.

I don’t think Auburn is actually gonna be ahead of us. I think the bigger issue is that they very well might make a healthy KU a 3. They made a point to emphasize that Kansas is now fully healthy going into the tourney.

Interesting -- I wonder why UNC wouldn't just be the 2 in Iowa State's region. I get that if Marquette's a 2 they won't be in UConn's region, but there's still some other degrees of freedom there.

The 3 and 4 seeds are all very mercurial this year and you can make a case for any of them in either seed. All we know for sure is that the two highest rated in that group—Auburn and Duke—will be placed in the same region while UNC gets Marquette.

Do we have any rooting interest for Auburn/Illinois games? Assuming committee has already made up their mind, so guess it's moot.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom