Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bracketology

I think they need to win the ACC Tournament or get a lot of help. Just win the ACC Tournament and it's done. If they win out, I think they get the overall #1 no matter what anyone else does now.

There's too much sentiment out there to put a Big Ten or Big East regular or tournament champion over a non-champion Duke. Duke needs to be an ACC champ of some sort. Like, "Yeah you got Kelly back, but you still couldn't win the 3 games it would've taken to win your conference. You lost the regular season by 2 games."

I don't think the committee will take sentiment into account like Lunardi does. I think either a win on Sat or winning the ACC championship would be enough.

If Miami wins the ACC Tournament (and wins these final 2 games as expected), I don't think it's possible for Duke to get a 1-seed. They can't justify putting the undisputed ACC Champions behind Duke, even if everyone understands that Duke is probably the better team in the long run with Kelly up to full speed. And they won't put 2 ACC teams on the 1 line when the conference is so much worse than the Big Ten and Big East. It's all this human element stuff that I don't agree but know will trump.

Those humans really seem to have a hard-on for the "RPI Champions", though. We have faux-metric credentials in spades.

That's kind of my perspective. If we end up with only five losses (probably four to tournament teams) and have the #1 RPI and #1 SOS, it would be a major break in precedent not to give us a #1 seed. Every other team in contention has four losses besides Gonzaga, and Indiana and Miami both have five already. Not all of these teams will win their conference tournament either.

None of it matters because we're going to lose to Mercer.

Seriously though, there are several potential pitfalls in that bracket. Ok St, VCU, Mich...

rome8180 said:
None of it matters because we're going to lose to Mercer.

Seriously though, there are several potential pitfalls in that bracket. Ok St, VCU, Mich...

yeah, but all those teams are also susceptible to lose before they get to us.

Louisville losing to Niagara would be my upset in that bracket.

Lol at UNC's potential second-round matchup with MSU.

Also, Butler could go far in that bracket.

It appears that Duke's region will include Louisville as the 2 and Florida as the 3. They are both top 3 teams on Kenpom. Duke is behind them.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom