Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bracketology

OSU has crept up to #6 on Kenpom and probably overtakes Duke for #5 with a decent sized win over Wisconsin tomorrow, so neither scenario is fantastic for Duke, if you actually look ahead to 1 vs 2 matchups (which I do but realize is stupid).

Actually I forgot Florida in both of those scenarios. That throws a wrench in things. Fuck it, not worth thinking about until the brackets are announced. The committee is in the Tyson zone with their decisions; they could put New Mexico as a 1 and no one would be too shocked.

Rollins said:
Does anyone just wish the human element of selecting seeds was taken out?

Or is it not feasible because of the proximity and travel logistics that the committee seems to incorporate.

The human element would be fine if the humans were not football guys who are 20 years behind the times in their use of metrics.

I got a feeling that if there's an out of left field team that gets in this, it's Maryland. Nice job Duke.

My 1 seeds: Gonzaga, Louisville, Kansas, and Miami.

3 of the 4 have won the conference regular season + conference tournament. Miami will have the opportunity to win the ACCT tomorrow against UNC.

My 2 seeds: Duke, Indiana, Ohio State, Georgetown.

My 3 seeds: Florida (if Gators win SECT tomorrow), Kansas State, Michigan State, and Oklahoma State.

I think Michigan will be bumped down to a 4 seed.

If everyone outside of Indiana agrees that Indiana is a 2-seed, why are they definitely still a 1-seed? This is so weird.

physicsfactor said:
No reason now for Indiana to get the 1 in Indianapolis over Louisville.
I agree.

And I might be down on Michigan. People are telling me that OkSU and KSU have little chance of being ahead on Michigan.

I hope so because that would mean Michigan ended up with a 3 seed.

While there isn't much difference between being a 2/3 seed, there is a big difference between being a 3/4 seed.

Here's something I didn't know until now--Joe Alleva is on this year's selection committee.

I know I've been railing against the "historical element" but we're not doing shit as a two-seed in the West or whatever. It's not historical so much as that this team needs all the help it can get.

rome8180 said:
I know I've been railing against the "historical element" but we're not doing **** as a two-seed in the West or whatever. It's not historical so much as that this team needs all the help it can get.

I assume if we're a two-seed, we'll be in the East.

Florida will be 2-seed Duke's 3. TDD will laugh at them. Duke-forum will cry. Duke will lose to a 10-seed anyway.

Louisville -- #1 in Midwest (Indianapolis)
Miami -- #1 in South (Arlington)
Indiana? - -#1 in east
Kansas - #1 in West

I'm still not convinced Gonzaga gets a 1, polls be damned.

I guess Indiana beats us out for #1 in the east, but I'm not sure their case is that clear. Their conference is better, but their non-conference schedule was super-soft.

Kansas gets the 4th #1, I think, which puts them out West.

I think if we're a 2-seed, and IU's a #1, there are 50/50 odds we'll be in their region (which I still think would be in the East). I think it's possible both MSU and OSU get #2 seeds depending on how things go today, and obviously they can't be in Indiana's bracket. Plus, the s-curve isn't always prioritized over the travel stuff, so I think we'd be more likely to stay close to home in D.C. than to be shipped across the country.

physicsfactor said:
Florida will be 2-seed Duke's 3. TDD will laugh at them. Duke-forum will cry. Duke will lose to a 10-seed anyway.

Nothing to add to that.

A lot of unknowns. Nothing will shock me about the bracket. Childress, you bring up Gonzaga, and I haven't focused much on that, but the committee has shafted them in the past, and it turns out it was justified. I don't see why this season should be different. I don't like Indiana over Duke, thinking objectively. I think it will happen, though.

They can appease a lot of people by making Gonzaga #1 and Duke #2 in the west. It seems like the easy way out at this point, and I'm a big believer that people take the easy way out.

There is going to be a media shitstorm if Indiana isn't the number one overall seed, let alone a one seed over us.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom