Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Brandon Ingram

childress22 said:
I also kind of think that, depending on how the roster comes together, we could totally have a Syracuse kind of roster for the 2-3 zone -- very good height/length at every position, good enough lateral quickness at the positions that count. Stick Marshall or Obi in the middle, have Amile/Jeter as one backline guy and Ingram/Amile as the other backline guy, and then have 2 of Kennard/Jones/Allen up high.

We may be in need of some serious offensive playcalling from the coaching staff, but could be really solid defensively in the ACC (especially since I expect UNC, Syracuse, and a couple of other top teams to again be best at things other than outside shooting).

With or without Ingram, I expect next year's team to have our best interior defense in a while.

When was the last time we had a defensive monster yet offensive black hole that got significant minutes? I don't see what is wrong with that type of player given our usually good offensive guard play and K's love of pressure man to man.

ChibCU said:
When was the last time we had a defensive monster yet offensive black hole that got significant minutes? I don't see what is wrong with that type of player given our usually good offensive guard play and K's love of pressure man to man.

I'd feel a lot better if Tyus stays but I think that ship has sailed.

I realize it is way early but Ingram is currently 13th in the DX 2016 Mock draft. He may not be Winslow offensively but if he is that well thought of he must not be only a potential guy.

He's 80% potential, 20% production. If he gets motivated, he can be stupid good though.

Topher said:
He's 80% potential, 20% production. If he gets motivated, he can be stupid good though.

What freshman player would you compare him to this season?

I'll play. Malik Pope from SDSU comes to mind a bit, though Ingram may be a better ballhandler.

Isn't Malik Pope a "big" though? I haven't watched Ingram play, but I've been led to believe that he's a 3/4, not a 4/5.

@EvanDaniels: Brandon Ingram is dominating the McDonald's West practice. It's a joke really. More than 10 jump shots made. Four threes. Up to 6-9.

physicsfactor said:
Isn't Malik Pope a "big" though? I haven't watched Ingram play, but I've been led to believe that he's a 3/4, not a 4/5.

Pope is a whatchamacallit hybrid thingy. He's a 41% 3-point shooter who's 6'9 and rail thin but can block some shots. I wouldn't say he's any bit of a 5. Draft Express lists him as a SF. I'd call both players 3/4s.

I like that Pope comparison. He also kind of reminds me of Marvin Williams a bit.

Ingram seems to be thrashing MDAAG practices so he might already be churning that potential-production ratio to 70-30 or better.

Pope played the 5 vs Duke. Kenpom has his minutes listed at PF and C. He was listed as a 6'8" SF by some scouting services. He's 6'10" now. I'm totally fine with Ingram being a stretch 4 if he's physical enough to play it.

@JayJayUSATODAY: Still waiting in @B_Ingram13 to miss. Yep, any minute now... Still waiting... #McDAAG

Depth chart next season:

PG Derryck Thornton, Grayson Allen
SG Matt Jones, Luke Kennard
SF Brandon Ingram, MATT JONES
PF Amile Jefferson, Chase Jeter
C Marshall Plumlee, Sean Obi

With this smaller lineup probably as our best lineup:

PG Thornton
SG Allen
SF MATT JONES
PF Ingram
C any big except Obi

With Ingram committing to UNC soon, it sucks that we aren't going to be adding a top 5 player for the rotation.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom