Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2017-18

His team did nearly blow a 12 point lead in the final two minutes. Fouled two three point shooters. Gave up a five-point play.

They lost, but I came away from that game thinking Clemson looks like it has more staying power than Clemson teams of recent past.

Still don't know exactly what to make of State.

They lost, but I came away from that game thinking Clemson looks like it has more staying power than Clemson teams of recent past.

I get that vibe a little too from Clemson, although they're not very deep. Still, a starting lineup that's all juniors and seniors is a very nice thing to have in tough games.

His team did nearly blow a 12 point lead in the final two minutes. Fouled two three point shooters. Gave up a five-point play.
One of those fouls was not a foul at all, BTW. Just a trbl call by an out of position ref.

I hear you about State - already a 5-loss team, but with wins over a top-20 and two top-5 teams. I think they make the NCAAs with 10 or 11 losses, based on those wins over ranked opponents

That game at Clemson is most likely a loss for us. Need to somehow win that one or Miami.

That game at Clemson is most likely a loss for us. Need to somehow win that one or Miami.
These are Duke's remaining road games (kenpom ranking of opponent)

29 Miami
75 Wake Forest
78 St John's
11 UNC
106 Georgia Tech
16 Clemson
46 Virginia Tech

I'm thinking winning two of these games isn't too optimistic. The good news is that so many more losses would likely knock Duke out of the Charlotte pod.

I'm in an optimistic mood today, so I'm going to say we win at St. John's, Wake, GT, and one of the four other games.

If I had to bet on winning one of the other ones, it would be UNC. If we go 4-3 and win all our home games, that makes us 13-5, which is not awful. 1 seed possibly still in play.

We will go 11-7.

Me in preseason: "No excuse for K to have another 11-7 league record this year."

Let's see what he can do. Wouldn't really fair to criticize him for failing to meet this lofty goal given his very thin, very young, and very injury depleted roster, however.

Saturday 1/13 nationally relevant games:

12pm
Wake Forest at Duke (-17) WatchESPN
Purdue (-9.5) at Minnesota ESPN2
Michigan at Michigan State (-10.5) FOX
Kansas State at Kansas (-12.5) ESPN

1pm
TCU at Oklahoma (-5) ESPNU

2pm
West Virginia at Texas Tech (-4.5) ESPN
Creighton at Xavier (-4) FOX
Syracuse at FSU (-6) WatchESPN
Oregon at Arizona (-9.5) ESPN2

3pm
Miami at Clemson (-3.5) ESPNU

4pm
Kentucky (-3.5) at Vanderbilt ESPN
Virginia Tech at Louisville (-5.5) ESPN2

6pm
UNC (-6) at Notre Dame ESPN

7:30pm
Wichita State (-12) at Tulsa ESPNU

8pm
Villanova (-12.5) at St. John's ESPN

9:30pm
Gonzaga (-13.5) at San Francisco ESPNU

Me in preseason: "No excuse for K to have another 11-7 league record this year."

Let's see what he can do. Wouldn't really fair to criticize him for failing to meet this lofty goal given his very thin, very young, and very injury depleted roster, however.
Also keep in mind that they've practiced too much and not enough.

Don't forget that we've worn those black uniforms too many times.

Notre Dame, missing their starting PG & senior superstar, lost to UNC because a putback at the buzzer rimmed out.

ND shoulda had this one.

Konate has 5 blocks in the 1st 13 minutes of the WVU/Kansas game.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom