Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Harry Giles III

Definitely won't be playing against Kansas (agree with rome that he'll probably never play a college game)

It makes no more sense for him to play in college than it did for him to play in high school.

Really, he never should have touched a basketball.

Be born.
Grow to near 7 feet tall.
Jump really high.
Refuse to attend combine or private workouts.
Go in 1st round of draft with no wear or tear and possibly no basketball ability.

Ben Simmons has proven that you can be drafted #1 overall without proving that you can ever play basketball well. Who will be the first guy to try never playing at all?

What is that emoji? A British guardsman? Is he saying that that's what he wants to be if he doesn't get back on the court? Always good to have a fallback- not many kids with his kind of talent do.

It's a nutcracker doll. Symbolic of the fact that he can't bend his knees.

Draft stock may be taking a hit, he's going to have to play his way back to the top.

NBA scouts are concerned about another knee surgery for Duke's Harry Giles

It's a huge concern -- and I felt that way before this latest injury," said an NBA scout who spoke to CBS Sports on the condition of anonymity after Duke announced Giles will be sidelined another six weeks following Monday's arthroscopic surgery. "I don't think you can responsibly consider him for No. 1, and maybe not even the top five, now. There are too many other good players without the medical red flags."

CBS Sports spoke to five NBA scouts about Giles on Monday night, and three said they'd now have a hard time even considering Giles for the No. 1 overall pick. Their reasons varied, though. One said he just wouldn't want to use the top pick, or even a top-five pick, on somebody with two torn ACLs who clearly hasn't responded well to rehab over the past year, plain and simple. The other two said they might still consider Giles for No. 1 in a weak draft but not in this draft given that there are other elite prospects without medical red flags.

The other two scouts CBS Sports contacted said their approach will be to first see if Giles returns and looks like the same type of player and athlete who once made analysts project him as a future No. 1 pick. If he doesn't, it's a non-starter. But if he does, they said, they'd then simply rely on the opinion of their doctors.

Yeah. I think we are at the point where sitting out hurts his stock. I'm not really viewing it in the same lens as Kyrie. kyrie had eight tremendous games that vaulted him from lotto to top 3 at worst had he never come back. And his injury was far less worrisome from a long term perspective- scouts didn't need evidence of healthiness. He had very little to gain by coming back quickly.

I am a pretty negative person and am scarred by the Duke injury bug as much as anyone but I do think he comes back and plays real minutes.

He comes back and is predictably mediocre because he hasn't played basketball in a decade. But he's just good enough to help us win a title. However, he falls out of the first round. Returns for sophomore season. Convinces Jackson to stay too.

Jackson
Luke
Knox
Giles
Carter

Trent
Javin
Jeter
bullshit

I'd have guessed Coleman based on potentially being forced into the rotation, but it works either way.

I'm not worried. K's generally never this openly optimistic about recovery/rehab from injuries, let alone a serious injury suffered by one of the best players on the team.

He'll likely only miss one meaningful game (Kansas). We'll run through the cupcakes and it fortunately allows K and Capel to seamlessly put the other NBA 1st round pick in our frontcourt (Bolden) on full display. In addition, it allows Chase and Javin to collect more in-game experience and confidence that will pay dividends in conference play and the postseason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom