Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Harry Giles III

I really hope these 3 young guys arent ready to go yet. Because if we are at the point now with any of them if theyre cleared and not playing thats pretty dumb. We are going to wear down these 5-6 guys who are playing and playing these guys with almost no rests is going to higher the risk of one of them getting hurt.

Im all for making sure the players are healthy, but if theyre cleared medically and are being overly cautious because they have higher draft stocks, id be extremely bummed.

dukeman92 said:
I can't describe the rage if he doesn't even attempt to play for us...

(FTR, I think thats bullshit)

I am already irate at Tatum and Bolden. What kind of glass jaw plastics must they be? Seth Curry played an entire season injured and was damn good!

Not sure why Tatum and Bolden can come back after apparent amputations and Giles can't even handle a few knee surgeries, but whatever.

Apparently he's doing contact drills of some kind as of yesterday. Can't remember K's exact phrasing.

Twitter says Giles will debut Dec 19. I'm now cautiously optimistic about being cautiously optimistic.

Yep. the coaches probably don't want to take him all the way out to Las Vegas and have him get hurt again.

I've made the Kevin Garnett comparison, but he might remind me even more of Shawn Kemp.

Imagine how hated he'd be if he played for more than half a season at Duke. I don't think even the melanin would help him.

If he is anything close to that tape, holy shit.

Kind of a cross between Garnett's intensity with Danny Manning's complete skill set.

A player would get a technical these days if he did this, but if Giles wants to recreate this I am perfectly fine with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The re-injury concerns will make him totally unenjoyable to watch.

Yes, the risk is big for us. We can have a good to great season even without him. But if he reinjures himself, ESPN will spend the season implying that Duke is to blame for ruining Giles's career. UNC fans will eat it up, and the narrative will soon become that K forced Giles back against his will.

Also, it will result in a shift in CBB where if you're a lottery pick and have an injury as a freshman you just sit out the season.

A Rain Man dunk every now and again would be fine, but I want him to just vacuum rebounds and disrupt everything on the defensive end. If he averages 2 ppg on 100% shooting - 1 dunk - and 10 rpg/3bpg/2spg, we'll be unstoppable. Kemp was fun, but I'd prefer Garnett.

There is a part of me that thinks (hopes) the whole NAD charade was just done to build the hype. Get the other guys some good press before bringing in the ringers gradually. Get a good early loss and then build towards an all-powerful utterly demoralizing dreadnought.

Deliver what MP3 once promised.

deeyoukayeee said:
A Rain Man dunk every now and again would be fine, but I want him to just vacuum rebounds and disrupt everything on the defensive end. If he averages 2 ppg on 100% shooting - 1 dunk - and 10 rpg/3bpg/2spg, we'll be unstoppable. Kemp was fun, but I'd prefer Garnett.

There is a part of me that thinks (hopes) the whole NAD charade was just done to build the hype. Get the other guys some good press before bringing in the ringers gradually. Get a good early loss and then build towards an all-powerful utterly demoralizing dreadnought.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom