Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jared McCain

^^ yea we definitely don’t want to head into next season with just Foster as a the lone returning (playable) guard.

Best rebounding guard we've had?

He's in a 3pt shooting slump right now. I wonder if that's due to teams trying to limit his 3pt looks at all costs. On the flip side, he's been shooting 60% on 2pt shots over the last 14 games before today. And that includes midrange attempts. I bet the rim finishing is closer to 70% in that time frame.

I can’t even remember the last time we had a guard who rebounds like he does (also given his size)

It's a good thing we have him. I watched a possession today where he and Flip were under the boards and Flip didn't even make an attempt at the rebound. Just spectating under the basket while McCain battled the BC front line.

That's why I think there's something physical going on. Flip used to battle his ass off on the glass. Maybe he has one hip too many now.

I can’t even remember the last time we had a guard who rebounds like he does (also given his size)

Gary Trent Jr was a really good rebounder too, iirc.
It looks like GTJ was at 5.0 reb per 40 minutes. Very good for a guard. But McCain was at 6.1 reb per 40 before today's game. And that's despite GTJ being listed as three inches taller than McCain.

According to Brian Geisinger, McCain is scoring 1.18 points per possession as the pick and roll ball handler. That's in the 97th percentile.

(This is from a podcast I recorded with him last night, so hopefully it's right. I don't have access to all the advanced stats sites he does.)

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom