Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Trevon Duval

"Gambly" fairly accurately describes our defense over the last several years, and we've been on an extended losing streak.

aiw said:
Per Draftexpress

Strength:

-Articulate and intelligent off the floor. Student of the game. Leaves a lot of room for optimism with his intangibles

Weaknesses:

-Hasn't made much progress with his jumper. Still looks like he's shooting bowling balls at the rim. Shoots on the way down, or from his shoulder. Stiff with his release
-Needs to improve his ability to finish with finesse around the rim. Struggles in traffic at times despite his tremendous tools
-Decision making skills leave a lot to be desired. Not the most fundamentally sound or solid passer. Looks to make the highlight reel pass instead of the simple one too often, rendering him turnover prone. Often a split-second late with his reads. Kills his dribble in traffic
-Gambly defender who takes possessions off at times -

Wait, are those his actual strengths? You're not making that up? "He talks good, watches Kobe videos, and we've seen worse"?

I like his commitment, though. No more fucking around, I'm a Blue Devil.

deepdarkblue said:
Wait, are those his actual strengths? You're not making that up? "He talks good, watches Kobe videos, and we've seen worse"?

I like his commitment, though. No more fucking around, I'm a Blue Devil.

Lol. There are a few other strengths listed on the page, too.

So, do we all agree that this kid is basically Steve Francis with a broken jumpshot?

Remember the previous #1 pg in this class was Derryck Thornton before he reclassified early.

Gambly defender actually fits K's defensive scheme quite well. If you're going to get burned on the perimeter a lot, at least create some easy points off turnovers a good portion of possessions rather than simply allowing layups every possession. Serious.

Since we only get him for one year, his main issue on offense will not be improving his jumper (this won't happen in one year, especially for a player who knows he's a 1st round pick as long as he doesn't rape/murder or get injured). The issue the coaches need to focus on is making him aware of how broken his jumper is. Every shot should be in the lane on a drive. He will be the first player at Duke who I want to see take a contested floater from 5-10 feet over a wide open corner 3. Assuming the percentages are something like 40% and 30% for him, respectively. The fouls drawn make up the efficiency gap and then some.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom