Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Harry Giles III

If he couldn't appreciate that he probably wouldn't have succeeded at Duke.

rome8180 said:
If he couldn't appreciate that he probably wouldn't have succeeded at Duke.

It was impossible to overcome TiR greeting him at UNC wearing his Harry Potter robes and waving a sign that said "The Sorting Hat Says Harrison to UNC!!"

I assume he saw that footballing travesty.

Also, "footballing'" is apparently a perfectly acceptable word.

Which school will be the chosen one to provide free top notch rehab for Giles for a year while he plays zero games and then decides to leave for the draft? Duke, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
He literally has a year to recover. And even if he's limited a year from now, this is not as big a deal as it would be for an offense-first guy. He'll figure out a way to defend and rebound, which with our loaded team is probably all we need anyway.

Frankly, I think his offense is kind of bad at the moment even without injury. I've never watched a game where he didn't go 4-15 or something. And I've watched a lot of his games.

I would not being saying the same things if Jabari or Jahlil had gotten injured.

Yeah, you don't want to tear the same ACL twice, though. Gets weaker and more prone to tearing again every time.

See: How well Kelby Brown and Braxton Deaver's comebacks are going this year. This would be really bad if it's an ACL - really, really bad if it's an ACL and the same knee.

Pantone287 said:
Yeah, you don't want to tear the same ACL twice, though. Gets weaker and more prone to tearing again every time.

See: How well Kelby Brown and Braxton Deaver's comebacks are going this year. This would be really bad if it's an ACL - really, really bad if it's an ACL and the same knee.

Thomas Davis Sr. says hello.

but of course he is the outlier

rome8180 said:
I don't know who any of those people are.

Thomas Davis is a linebacker for the Panthers that has torn the same ACL three times. He's playing a Pro Bowl level this season.

ChibCU said:
rome8180 said:

Thomas Davis is a linebacker for the Panthers that has torn the same ACL three times. He's playing a Pro Bowl level this season.

NFL is different, everyone is doping and part android.

I just got an ESPN update on my phone which stated Giles is moving up his decision to the 12th, and that he will not be announcing in Winston-Salem.

It's a 100000000000% lock for Duke.

ChibCU said:
rome8180 said:

Kelby Brown and Braxton Deaver are former All-ACC football players for Duke, both sixth year seniors this year and coming back from multiple ACL tears. Deaver has been a non-factor and is 2nd/3rd string, and Brown didn't even make it through the preseason before tearing it again.

Sirk may have something to do with Deaver

Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels

Unfortunately the news leaking out regarding Harry Giles, Scout's No. 1 recruit, partially tearing his other ACL is true, per sources.

Just awful if Evan is right. It sounds douchey considering we all know where Giles is going to school but if I'm an NBA team I don't think I could take a guy who has torn his acl twice in the top 5. Wishing him all the best, by all accounts he's a great kid.

Apparently it's on the opposite leg as before. Not that that necessarily invalidates your point.

He'll have to stay 3 years to prove his knees are reliable enough.

He'll probably skip the AA games I imagine and be ready to play by late summer and early fall, just have to hope his surgery holds up for 5 months in college. At least this gives K an excuse to run the offense through Tatum, Grayson, and Allen.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom