Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Rasheed Sulaimon

Good numbers breakdown - even with a perimeter loaded roster, I can see him getting 15+ ppg next year. More importantly, I would expect continued improvement on his decision making. Seems like a smart, heady ballplayer.

Yeah, we're lucky to have him next year, let alone a junior season. My favorite thing that he does is his wraparound passes in the lane. I can't remember the last guy we had that did that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great highlights. I remember there was a point in the season where Sheed was having trouble finishing at the rim. The 2nd half of the year he seemed to address that and hit tough layups on a routine basis. Great kid and I look forward to seeing him come back strong.

That highlight reel also shows a lot of Mase kicking out to Rasheed or finishing on a pass from Sheed. I will miss Mason Plumlee next year.

Sulaimon has made the tryout list for the U19 national team. If he gets cut and Purvis makes it, Packster and his brethren will rule TDD for months.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... ining-camp

Ryan Arcidiacono (Villanova)
Bryce Alford (UCLA)
Brandon Ashley (Arizona)
Robert Carter (Georgia Tech)
Damyean Dotson (Oregon)
Kris Dunn (Providence)
Javan Felix (Texas)
Michael Frazier (Florida)
Marcus Georges-Hunt (Georgia Tech)
Shaq Goodwin (Memphis)
Aaron Gordon (Arizona)
Jerami Grant (Syracuse)
Montrezl Harrell (Louisville)
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (Arizona)
Jahlil Okafor (Whitney Young High in Illinois)
Rodney Purvis (Connecticut)
James Robinson (Pittsburgh)
Marcus Smart (Oklahoma State)
Jarnell Stokes (Tennessee)
Rasheed Sulaimon (Duke)
Devin Thomas (Wake Forest)
Mike Tobey (Virginia)
Nigel Williams-Goss (Washington)
Justise Winslow (St. John's High in Texas)

You've got to think he'd make the team based solely on the fact that he's one of the few (maybe the only?) decent shooters on the entire list. Smart's ehhhh. Robinson the same. Purivs not good. Winslow not good. Not sure on Grant but I don't recall him being noted for his shooting. Hollis-Jefferson's ehhh. Georges-Hunt I seem to remember being a decent shooter. Felix not good. Dunn not good. I suppose Alford's kid is probably a good shooter? Arcidiacono shot like 30% from three, so not great. Dotson shot something comparable to Arc.

So yeah, would seem like he'd have a pretty good shot (no pun).

He still has yet to have a game where he shoots over 50%.

Justice and Jahlil have been killing it, from what I've seen.

rome8180 said:
He still has yet to have a game where he shoots over 50%.

Justice and Jahlil have been killing it, from what I've seen.

He is probably playing tentatively in fear of a leg or foot injury.

Apparently, Sheed is just a spot-up shooter now.

USA Basketball @usabasketball 30m

USA U19 men win fourth straight, dominate second half en route to a 91-66 win. Rasheed Sulaimon scored 15 pts. (5-9 3pt FGs) #USABMU19

Imagine if Sulaimon demands to be the 2nd on ball creator in Duke's offense, forcing Parker into a spot up shooter role. Yikes. Fortunately Sulaimon gets it and does what his team needs. That USA team has no other shooters.

rome8180 said:
Yeah, we're lucky to have him next year, let alone a junior season. My favorite thing that he does is his wraparound passes in the lane. I can't remember the last guy we had that did that.

Cook does it.

Last edited by a moderator:
940x.jpg

320130331221712001_t607.JPG

628x471.jpg

Boy are we gonna miss Mason. Jiggy will shoot 42% on those.

aiw said:

lol.

but we should be alright. a lot of those will go to Jabari/Rodney when they crash from the weak side and of course Amile is going to get them as well and he converts well around the basket.

TheRagingCHS said:
aiw said:

lol.

but we should be alright. a lot of those will go to Jabari/Rodney when they crash from the weak side and of course Amile is going to get them as well and he converts well around the basket.
Amile also has a knack for drawing contact and getting and-ones. Hopefully his FT shooting improves next year. He shot pretty poorly last year but it was a really small sample size.

Sheed had a really nice wrap-around pass to Jiggy at FSU which set him up for his only dunk of the year.

God, Cook is awesome.

Sheed might be our best passing two guard ever, though.

My three favorite things in basketball:

1) Great passing
2) Great ballhandling
3) Great shooting

That's why Steve Nash was maybe my favorite player ever and why Steph Curry is my current favorite.

"Quinn forgot how to dribble the ball in the tournament" is my favorite 2013 offseason TDD meme, followed closely by "Amile's too small to play the 5".

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom